Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Moves really well and links pretty well with the players around him ,

Blues will think they have a steal in the beginning

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Wish him all the best, but he's a worse kick than Casboult
Not so sure about that although Casboult has improved his kicking and has found a revitalised role down back. Cal Moore is much younger and still has potential to change and improve, especially since he suffered a severe ankle injury in 2019. He can play down back or even on a wing; has a lot of pace for a tall.
BTW, how do you rate Castagna's kicking? (I'm not saying he doesn't have other qualities as a SF).

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
He is a better kick than Castagna

Think he must be favourite to get the last spot on Carlton list given their injuries

Wish him all the best

Right decision to move him on for us even if it does pose a risk with multiple injuries to talls

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Not sure that's anything to write home about

Not sure who is writing home (?), just you posting this. The context is in reply to a poster citing CMoore's kicking whereas Castagna is now regarded as being a first-choice player despite his dubious kicking - like 0.5 in the GF. So kicking is conveniently overlooked at times.
If Balta is really being groomed to try to fill the gap without Rance at CHB, and hope it never happens, but an injury to Jack or Tom, CM handy insurance.
Even Cartoon realised this.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Must be desperate for Talls that can go forward which means, McKay and Curnows medium term fitness is still of concern to the Blues.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
As long as they don’t do to us what we did to them aka Lambert (although Lambert didn’t even make it into their list)

Seriously, its a good move for us to keep churning through our 20 plus ranked players on our list and only keep those that are young and have really shown something. The club is getting better at working out who has the best chance of making it.

I hope he gets a second chance at the blues and makes it.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Who knows, a new environment may be what he needs but from the limited amount I have seen of him playing I doubt he wants it bad enough. Anyway good luck to him in his efforts to resurrect his career

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Not so sure about that although Casboult has improved his kicking and has found a revitalised role down back. Cal Moore is much younger and still has potential to change and improve, especially since he suffered a severe ankle injury in 2019. He can play down back or even on a wing; has a lot of pace for a tall.
BTW, how do you rate Castagna's kicking? (I'm not saying he doesn't have other qualities as a SF).
George is hit & miss as well but his pressure is what keeps him in the side.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Right decision to move him on for us even if it does pose a risk with multiple injuries to talls
The writing was on the wall when he couldn't get a game when JR8 was injured. With his closing speed and leap it would have been worth trying him as a defender in the VFL ITBHO.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The writing was on the wall when he couldn't get a game when JR8 was injured. With his closing speed and leap it would have been worth trying him as a defender in the VFL ITBHO.
I always thought his best chance of making it was as a defender, I wish him well.

Reactions: 1 user