Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Hadn't been that impressed so far understanding that he has to learn the game style, how teammates play etc. Then just saw he's only 19yo. Thought he was a bit older. On that basis he looks very promising. Looks quite strong for his age. A good pre-season will do wonders, hopefully.

Reactions: 5 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
to me looks like a pick 45-65 / 3rd round pick draft selection. Development, full preseason at AFL level and lets wait till this time next year if this mid season pick was the right one. Can only see him play seniors in 2022 if he can show a little more in the VFL and 2 of Lynch, Jack and Balta are unavailable.

At 191cm and only 80kg has a little filling out to go as well.

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
to me looks like a pick 45-65 / 3rd round pick draft selection. Development, full preseason at AFL level and lets wait till this time next year if this mid season pick was the right one. Can only see him play seniors in 2022 if he can show a little more in the VFL and 2 of Lynch, Jack and Balta are unavailable.

At 191cm and only 80kg has a little filling out to go as well.
Must’ve grown and put on 5kg since coming to us Bauer listed as 192cm 85kg that’s only 1cm shorter than Jack

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It is a bit disappointing Bauer isn't considered ready enough to get a gig as he was our mid season draft selection.
You'd have hoped he'd be the plug & play type for exactly this scenario in case Lynch got injured.
Instead one of Balta or Gibcus will be filling the void. Neither of which are natural forwards.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It is a bit disappointing Bauer isn't considered ready enough to get a gig as he was our mid season draft selection.
You'd have hoped he'd be the plug & play type for exactly this scenario in case Lynch got injured.
Instead one of Balta or Gibcus will be filling the void. Neither of which are natural forwards.
Mid Season draft pick ups only debut in Grand Finals.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We can't even pick them with 1st rounders in ND. Don't stress.
I reckon we were blessed with Pickett and you need to call him Haley because his types only come past once every 76 years.

Reactions: 2 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I don't think he was picked as a plug and play. The way he was tracking at SANFL level, he was looking like a top 30 pick by seasons end. I reckon we saw it as a chance to sneak him in early and keep an extra pick up our sleeve at the national draft.

Reactions: 11 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
most of the time in the MSD a club will be selecting between an average player who may be able to fill a hole immediately, or a longer term prospect who may end up a good AFL footballer. We chose the later. Parker was the former, and Pickett an exception.

Reactions: 4 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
We can't even pick them with 1st rounders in ND. Don't stress.
I reckon we were blessed with Pickett and you need to call him Haley because his types only come past once every 76 years.

Yep we're so bad at drafting that we've only won 3 flags in 5 years.

The saints would love to be so bad.

The glass is 1/2 full not 1/2 empty imo. :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
From memory, was the only player in the MSD to nominate an 18 months contract not the standard 6. Was definitely picked as a long term prospect.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd like to see him play out of the goal square tomorrow.

Make him our key target and see what he can do.