Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The thing is (and I've said this before) its not necessarily his size, but for that height to play forward you need at least 1 exceptional standout trait.

Jack as an example is incredibly smart
Darling for example is incredibly strong
Curnow for example has an amazing leap

I'm not sure I see 1 of these outstanding traits with Bauer. I reckon he can make it down back, but unless he has an exceptional trait being smarts, strength, spring etc, I don't see how an undersized player can make it as a key forward.
Not a key forward, third forward. Mobile enough, smart enough, good enough mark and good enough kick. Just not sure he's gunna get the opportunity with the way we play n deliver into our forwards.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Can he gather a ground ball, can he lead into small spaces in an AFL game?

I don't know, but either skill would change our forward line and give us some more movement forward which would shift the defenders around and improve our inside 50s.

Sounds like he has work to do but could add something forward with more development. If that fails, he could also make a decent defender.

Persist and see what happens.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
He does have a great leap and a very very good pair of hands.

Id like to see him get a run as a lead up forward which we are currently lacking.
You're right and anyone who has watched him the last 12 months would know he's be also a great kick for goal

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Bauer would be the 3rd tall in our forward line Should be modelling his game on Fritsch or Gunston who are similar height

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
F me these AFL staff writers are shockers aren't they, they don't watch the games, so just make sh!t up.

"Jacob Bauer had a 21st birthday to remember on Sunday, kicking a goal after the siren to snatch a two-point win for Richmond's reserves against Greater Western Sydney.

With a shortage of key forward options in the senior side at the moment, the VFL game was an audition of sorts for the young Tigers.

The matchwinner was Bauer's only major for the day but he presented well with six marks and 12 disposals, while fellow young forward Kaelen Bradtke also kicked one goal.
"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Bauer getting ahead of himself, thinks he has made it because he said he "SMOKED" Grimes in the club's goal kicking comp on Friday :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Just put on a clinic.
Actually a masterclass. Dominated all day in defence. Swung forward in the last and won the game off his own boot.
And for the second time this year kicked a goal, after a great mark, on the siren to win the game by a point.
Must come in.

Reactions: 8 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Must be picked to play forward in game against Swans and persisted with
clearly BOG in vfl today and took 2 unbelievable marks Bauer has put his hand up for a debut
Its time to end the Bauer farce

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just put on a clinic.
Actually a masterclass. Dominated all day in defence. Swung forward in the last and won the game off his own boot.
And for the second time this year kicked a goal, after a great mark, on the siren to win the game by a point.
Must come in.
Might as well nickname him 'Gaspar'.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Beast mode today, fantastic to see someone really kick the door down from the 2s

Reactions: 9 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Would be awesome if we have unearthed a gem here, given finals are looking shaky I would be using these games to get players like Bauer valuable match time.

Reactions: 13 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Would be awesome if we have unearthed a gem here, given finals are looking shaky I would be using these games to get players like Bauer valuable match time.
Agree, but not cos finals look shaky. Reality is we have a few peripheral players, some of whom arent young, who could be replaced by kids and we wouldnt lose much.
If we are happy to put him up forward, we couldnt do worse than have him replace Miller, or possibly even Jack for a week or 2.

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just saw the footage of his after the siren goal. He had the presence of mind to call out to the bench to see how long left. Shows great maturity and a cool head.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We can don both. Play Bauer and push for finals. Could be our Towner moment.

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Replace Miller with Bauer.

Easiest selection decision this week.

Aerially at least, streets ahead of Miller.

Reactions: 1 users