Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Seems like he has great hands being "only" 191cm. The modern day key forward profile seems to have pushed closer to 200+cm.

Carey was 192cm, Brereton was 186cm, Locket 191cm, Dunstall 191cm

191cm more than OK for a key forward if the skill and capability is there !!
I think will grow a bit further only 19.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Loved the interview. Young fella came across pretty well. Can't wait to hear the reports.
I hope he gets Josh and says thanks for helping a dream come true too.

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Welcome to Tigerland Rutger
I want to take that another step further and just call him The Hitchhiker.

Given his leap, I'm sure a few defenders will give him a free ride.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Looking forward to what he can do at VFL level. He definitely fills a void there.
Realistically though, anything he does at AFL senior level is a bonus as it’s a huge step up and odds are stacked against most of these mid season draftees making it.
But I’ve heard from a few Nth Adelaide supporters that he’s a young man of great character that will do whatever it takes to get the best out of himself. That’s all you can ask.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Presents like a future captain

Huge call I know but why not call it early. No pressure!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I like the selection - we have lost Caddy and replaced him with a small tall forward who can take a mark and kick goals.

He is young and adds to this generation of players coming through.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yes, a bit of a replacement for Caddy but also 5cm taller which helps.

Not expecting him to play AFL this year, young mid season draftee. Let's see how he goes after an AFL pre-season. I like the fact that we picked a young player, not looking to fill a gap, looking to build for the future.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Obviously great in the air with a good jump and vice like hands, but his biggest challenge will be the body on body contact defenders in the AFL will apply to him denying a clear jump at the footy.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
The mid season draft is a free hit at a player that is projecting well, and likely to put themselves in top 30 calculations for the end of season draft. I think Bauer fits that bill. If he keeps going at the rate he has started the season, he'd be well in the frame for a first or second round pick. So we've ticked a box, and can double down on the next best available key forward in November along with best available mids.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I stumbled upon this article from a month ago. Jacob's marking, speed, accurate goal kicking and ability to play forward and back ticks quite a few boxes.

"Exciting North Adelaide forward Jacob Bauer bounced back from concussion to further enhance his mid-season draft chances last weekend.
Bauer, who joined the Roosters from the Swans Academy after being overlooked in last year’s draft, booted another three goals on his return against West Adelaide, taking his tally to 13 in just three games, to rank equal-third in the SANFL after five rounds.

The 19-year-old high-flyer started the year in the reserves, after a last-minute move to South Australia, but he put his name in front of AFL recruiters with a commanding five-goal performance on debut against the Crows in Round 2.

In his first appearance at SANFL League level, Bauer took three marks inside-50 opposed to AFL-listed Crow James Borlase, who lined up in a strong Adelaide defence alongside Nick Murray, Josh Worrell, Andrew McPherson and Fischer McAsey.

He followed it up a week later with another five majors and three outstanding contested marks - before suffering a delayed concussion - to further highlight his aerial prowess and confirm what North Adelaide is thinking about his future.

“I’m not sure how much longer we’re going to see him at SANFL level,” Roosters reserves and development coach Darren Reeves told The Advertiser after Bauer’s second five-goal haul against Central.

“He has great hands, takes marks at the highest point, is an excellent kick and is such an exciting talent that I’m sure AFL clubs are starting to sniff around.”

The 191cm Bauer has attracted significant AFL attention ahead of June’s mid-season draft – and it’s not hard to see why.

“Coming up through the Swans Academy, Nick Davis (youth development coach) always said that to get drafted you have to be elite at one thing, so my marking is my go-to trait and what I pride myself most on, Bauer said."

• Love