Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
So you are saying Bauer would make a decent intercept defender (maybe in the Howe mold)??
I think we're planning to use Bauer forward, TP. So any wild ideas I might have about playing Bauer back in the future are out of step with the club's.

Bauer doesn't seem to get the air that Broad got but is equally hard at it at the same age. Howe's classy, as I see it, brother. Bauer and Broad aint. It's the attack on the contest that young Broad and young Bauer have in common from my POV.

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Bauer has kicked 16:12 in VFL this year plus the one today he didn't make the distance from 20 m and the one he passed off from 30m out. Not sure yet if I would call him a lovely shot for goal but despite some brain fades today he had 10 marks and led up high to the wing late to take a down the line mark that was crucial in our win.
A pre-season should do him wonders and learning not to fly against Samson Ryan when Samson has position would be beneficial too, but you can't knock a bloke who wants to attack the footy in the air at all cost.
16.6 in his 6 SANFL games before we took him on.
I think a full pre season and structure of a professional environment will do him good.
Kid lived in 3 different states within the last 8 months. Hopefully some continuity can bring out the best in him. Feel like he’s the type of player who we will know by mid next year if he will make it or not.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think a full pre season and structure of a professional environment will do him good.
Kid lived in 3 different states within the last 8 months. Hopefully some continuity can bring out the best in him. Feel like he’s the type of player who we will know by mid next year if he will make it or not.
I reckon he has plenty to work with and offer as a youngster.

Hopefully JR8 goes around again and takes him to school for the pre season.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I reckon he has plenty to work with and offer as a youngster.

Hopefully JR8 goes around again and takes him to school for the pre season.
I see a fair bit in him too, and think the year he has had chopping and changing between teams and still doing pretty well as such a young guy is a good sign. Also coming from a state that doesn’t have the development yet that others have.

We didn’t get to see as much of it with us than what he has shown before, and not sure if it makes sense to others as much as it does to me but he marks the ball at the highest point. I’m not sure why I rate that so much.

Jack could be great for him. It makes me feel old because I remember a young Jack running around for the allies before he was drafted, then Coburg VFL.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I see a fair bit in him too, and think the year he has had chopping and changing between teams and still doing pretty well as such a young guy is a good sign. Also coming from a state that doesn’t have the development yet that others have.

We didn’t get to see as much of it with us than what he has shown before, and not sure if it makes sense to others as much as it does to me but he marks the ball at the highest point. I’m not sure why I rate that so much.

Jack could be great for him. It makes me feel old because I remember a young Jack running around for the allies before he was drafted, then Coburg VFL.
The best take the ball at its highest point Checkers, its a great trait to possess.

Tommy has been doing it more recently its a sign of confidence too.

Jack is the smartest campaigner in the business, he still runs the Tigers front third and 18 months alongside him will do Bauer a huge amount of good.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Plus he lived in Adelaide. Will take a few months to recover from that.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Very unlikely to happen with him not being tried down back, but I reckon Bauer could make a decent fist of replacing Broady while he's suspended.
Has similar attributes, one being his attack on the ball.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can play.
Not sure he’s quick enough for AFL but has all the football ability

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Bauer? Real short. Can't jump. Composed. And when he hits the ball you hear it all over any VFA ground. *smile*, he's hard at it.

Try him back? Where else? He has nowhere near the athleticism to make an AFL key forward and we have the odd Gary Ablett ready to play medium forward.

Couldn't play back at hist first attempt for us? Easy to understand - either he's too important or lacks talent. Too important is the better root cause.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
WTF? They played him back?

What were they trying to achieve? He kicked 6 goals in the first 2 weeks. Confidence would have been growing and we send him back. Just as we walk into a KPF problem.

*smile* me we do some dumb *smile*

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
WTF? They played him back?

What were they trying to achieve? He kicked 6 goals in the first 2 weeks. Confidence would have been growing and we send him back. Just as we walk into a KPF problem.

*smile* me we do some dumb *smile*
He played very well in defence and showed us he’s got a football brain. Made some smart decisions and attacked the contest with confidence.
But think the experiment is over as our hands have been forced. Back to the forward line for now as the VFL and AFL teams are bereft of taller, marking options.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
He played very well in defence and showed us he’s got a football brain. Made some smart decisions and attacked the contest with confidence.
But think the experiment is over as our hands have been forced. Back to the forward line for now as the VFL and AFL teams are bereft of taller, marking options.

Thanks. Good to hear but he has to play forward.

I have a good feeling about this guy. Van Rooyen would have been good but this guy will be nearly as good at a reasonable cost