Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought he played pretty well, had him as my 5th best. Brought ball to ground every no wand then but in the end he only had 5 efficient disposals 2 marks and zero tackles. In an out of the game too much but maybe only playing 57% game time makes it tougher. That goal he setup though was absolutely brilliant. Hasn't had more than 70% game time this year. Does he just not have the tank? Just gets behind his man too much for my liking. Needs to learn how to come in from the side, he'd be unbeatable flying in the air with a run up.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I just see it as a socia trick from the internet. This type of reinterpretation trick to win brownie points never gets better by engaging with the topic.

I would argue he doesn’t have a point.

His point assumes Mabs is pretending to be cool with it but inside he feels pressured and has no choice but to accept because he’ll lose his spot in the team.

Like a female secretary in the 80’s feeling pressured by the sleazy, suggestive boss to get a raise.

That assumption of silent suffering doesn’t apply here.

Just because a situation can possibly be reinterpreted, doesn’t mean it’s true.

If this journalist did his homework, he would’ve factored into the story how Mabs had already posted it on his social media approvingly.
100, kid.

What we learnt this week is that Mabs has a big *smile*. What we saw tonight is him getting ready to never apologise for it again. Not quite there yet but getting closer.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Best game he has played

Surprised by the low number of possessions as he had more influence then numbers suggest

Building nicely

Looks a little sore the longer break will do him well

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Poor mans Buddy act tapping the ball round the wing. Only two blokes over 196cm capable.

Has got the game at his mercy. Work away from the ground will determine how good his career is.

Reactions: 2 users

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
He is coming along really well.......it’s a blessing in disguise that the current COVID season has allowed him to string more than a couple of games in succession.
He moves well, he is developing the smarts, and he always brings the ball to ground to advantage, and he always produces the second efforts. Once he developes his ruck work a bit more, and gains more confidence against more experienced players, he will leave Soldo languishing

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
No. I trust in away from the ground. In the game. In the moment. There's where he'll find himself.
Well he has. And he did today. But there is much he can work in improving; some good coaching on his ruck-work and marking approaches would help.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Well he has. And he did today. But there is much he can work in improving; some good coaching on his ruck-work and marking approaches would help.
He found where he is, leon. Hopefully he learns where he can be.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This events of this past week might be the making of him.
The pieces of the puzzle are coming together.
He keeps incrementally improving & if he puts his mind to it I honestly believe he won't just become a contributor but can be a damn good footballer.
We saw plenty of that yesterday. Clearly one of our best.

Reactions: 2 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
This events of this past week might be the making of him.
The pieces of the puzzle are coming together.
He keeps incrementally improving & if he puts his mind to it I honestly believe he won't just become a contributor but can be a damn good footballer.
We saw plenty of that yesterday. Clearly one of our best.

That set-up for Jack's goal was masterful. One of my favourite plays of the year.

Reactions: 7 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Bloody love Chol.

He's starting to really exert himself physically which is fantastic!

I've started to teach myself how to make illustrations during lockdown. Have a look at the Chol one from this evening.

Great work Steamer!
Looks like a reverse of the classic Jack Dyer pose!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Bloody love Chol.

He's starting to really exert himself physically which is fantastic!

I've started to teach myself how to make illustrations during lockdown. Have a look at the Chol one from this evening.

What do you get for the extra 45c Steamer?
Is it signed?

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Get him in a boxing gym ASAP.
With strength and aggression, he would improve exponentially
He spent the summer in Warnambool living with a highly regarded boxing trainer and also running up and down sand dunes. His hard work is starting to pay off!

Reactions: 3 users