Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That set-up for Jack's goal was masterful. One of my favourite plays of the year.

The best bit of it was after he'd already had a couple of big contests, run over 50m, he didn't just give the short handball to the man running past him, he was smart enough and aware enough to know where Jack was and went with the longer handball and guaranteed the goal.

8 disposals and 6 score involvements say everything about his game yesterday. Every time he got near the ball something happened.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Geez I don’t know, he’d be one of the best kicks I’ve seen for a 200cm player

Yep agree I think he's exceptionally skilled disposal and decision-making wise. Don't think he is a great judge of the ball in flight as far as his marking goes. Is behind far too much in marking contests.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep agree I think he's exceptionally skilled disposal and decision-making wise. Don't think he is a great judge of the ball in flight as far as his marking goes. Is behind far too much in marking contests.
That's confidence. Not wanting to take front spot. That's why I was so pleased when he held his ground at the front of the pack to mark for one of his goals. Mabs needs to learn to assert himself more often, play like a big man. Noah's doing it down the other end.

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That's confidence. Not wanting to take front spot. That's why I was so pleased when he held his ground at the front of the pack to mark for one of his goals. Mabs needs to learn to assert himself more often, play like a big man. Noah's doing it down the other end.

Belief.
Hope it comes as we will need him.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

He pushes too much to compensate for lack of strength. Has gotten away with a bit. Still, he caused problems for good opposition and took another step.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

And seems to like it when the ball hits the deck , not your orthodox tall

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Not the mOST skilled , I don’t think there’s a better kick in the game for a player of his height 200cm, great agility and good mark
I do agree his kicking is very good and more so for a big man. He is still learning the game overall so his overall footy skills including positioning and reading the game is very much a work in progress. However he is exciting to watch

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He's probably the most skilled big man I've ever seen.

Great game by Marbs
A skilled big man is a Nanks, Riewoldt, Lynch type who has the complete game at their fingertips, feet and in their mind. Mabs hasn't got there. Sure he is exciting to watch and sometimes he astounds us with some of his touches but he is still learning the game overall and is still relatively raw so very much a work in progress. If he continues his progress the way he has in the last few games he may be the player we want him to be.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Do we know what his tank's like? @caesar ? Repeat running?

The most important thing to note is that tank is improving and that Mab's finally acknowledged it was his weakness and is attempting to do something about it.

Hard to say sometimes whether it is Mab's mind or tank for lack of more around the ground numbers.

Interestly Ralph Carr has been a common denominator in setting up offseason personal trainers for both Shai and Mab's. Who would have thought Ralphy will need to do the same next year for his new client Daniel Rioli ;) .

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
The most important thing to note is that tank is improving and that Mab's finally acknowledged it was his weakness and is attempting to do something about it.

Hard to say sometimes whether it is Mab's mind or tank for lack of more around the ground numbers.

Interestly Ralph Carr has been a common denominator in setting up offseason personal trainers for both Shai and Mab's. Who would have thought he will need to do the same next year for his new client Daniel Rioli ;) .

Has there been a more striking turnaround from
"Let's form an angry mob and burn down his house"
To
"Let's build a Ralph Carr statue with brass merkin outside Punt Rd"

In Ralph we trust!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users