Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Reckon marbs would get a real crack at it in the right club not convinced he has the nous for the top level, handy part timer for now , crack in cholly

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
With Nank, Soldo, CCJ, Ryan & now Colina on the list Chol is somewhat superfluous to our needs, I can see him being traded at the end of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I wouldn't mind seeing Chol tried on a wing where his inability to really impact or halve a marking contest won't hurt us at either end of the ground.

He's got amazing athletic abilities, and would give a great out down the line.

The only issue with this is the workrate demanded of our wingmen. Chol would really have to come to the party in that regard and i'm not sure that he could push into the absolute elites like McIntosh or Pickett who work their arses off.

Reactions: 4 users

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Doesn't work hard enough for a bloke that has some real potential. I guess at the moment he is contingency for Nank with Soldo out.

In the 2015 AFL draft combine his figures were off the chart as a 18 year old. Now at 24 it is make or break for him when he gets a senior spot.

Think is contract is up at end of year with Soldo (vaguely remember they got 2 years in 2019?). So who knows how the club will go.

All he can do is work more in the VFL and when he gets a chance play like his life depends on it.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Doesn't work hard enough for a bloke that has some real potential. I guess at the moment he is contingency for Nank with Soldo out.

In the 2015 AFL draft combine his figures were off the chart as a 18 year old. Now at 24 it is make or break for him when he gets a senior spot.

Think is contract is up at end of year with Soldo (vaguely remember they got 2 years in 2019?). So who knows how the club will go.

All he can do is work more in the VFL and when he gets a chance play like his life depends on it.
Soldo is contracted till 2022, he signed a 1 year extension in March 21.

Chol signed a 2 year deal in August 19 & is OOC this year

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Soldo is contracted till 2022, he signed a 1 year extension in March 21.

Chol signed a 2 year deal in August 19 & is OOC this year
Thanks Taz, so bascially it's make or break for him if he wants another contract.

I guess if CJ overtakes him and with Mate looming with Ivans return eventually, he may himself be reserved to trying to just get through this year and see what happens.

Wouldnt surprise me if he returned to QLD next year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe Marbs is happy getting by on a pretty good wage as opposed to what he might be making outside really working for a living.

He is running out of time though.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014

More proof that he's more of an agile athlete/basketballer than a hard-at-it footballer. I presume the club thought he had a lot to work with and that the game sense and will to win would develop but 5 years is more than enough time to see what he can do. Remember he was in Brisbane's academy so they must have had good reason for not selecting him in 2015. The experiment has not worked for bringing him up to AFL standard.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Well they say big men take longer. At 24 perhaps it’s starting to click for him on a more consistent level. He has put a lot more 4 qtr performances in this year. We could use this bloke at his best - but can he produce it? I’m not convinced but who knows

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Improvement is not a ratchet. With Mabs it's always been two steps forward, one back. But he has improved every year, and he's improved again.

The q final was what - game 21? What about the Port Flopelaide game - he was great. He's earning another shot. And his skillset is exactly what we need. Get him in.

Reactions: 2 users