Welcome to Tigerland - Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Mabior Chol

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
We should be a little circumspect in praising Mabs as the next messiah of RFC after one good but not spectacular game. After all look what happened to our last one - McBean
I think it’s just acknowledging his improvement mate. Nothing wrong with that. But can he reproduce it consistently?
McBean, ah only what if? Nah, he’s found his niche.
Mabs is no Mabjesus.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ok he did almost exactly what i thought.
Started off like Brad Ottens and slowly drifted into Ty Esler.
He needs to contribute more.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Two goals for this week:

1. Compete with Natanui on every contest - no second thoughts, just give it 100%.
2. Push back into defensive 50 & contest every time. Make a difference.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon Mabior is gonna get a premiership medal this year.

Dimma's been tying himself in knots with the ruck men plural V speed conundrum.

But Mabior is *smile* fast.

and if her can play 60% game time as a 2nd ruck,

he'll be even faster for longer.

bit of a no brainer IMHO

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Two goals for this week:

1. Compete with Natanui on every contest - no second thoughts, just give it 100%.
Whilst I'd love to see Mabs outleap him, Natanui is going to be a huge task for a non full time ruck but point 2 is a big one..that was Chol's most glaring weakness last week. He can't drop back into D50 & then not compete.
By point of comparison Nank is a beast in those aerial situations in defence.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015

bit of a no brainer IMHO
Hopefully Ralph Carr can work his magic on Mab's as well ;)

Leppa on SEN today said he asked Blair Hartley whether player managers played a role in a players development and which player managers are best at it.
Blair replied Ralph was the best, telling, and getting, his players to put in the work and i'll get you the contract.
Mind you he had pretty easy canvases to work with Dusty & Shai.
Mabs switched to Ralph end of 2019 and immediately engaged a personal trainer in Warrnabool in a bid to build cardiovascular fitness.
Quinton Narkle joined Ralph at the start of 2021, (great mates with Shai), and he is now playing some great footy. When there were rumors of Narkle coming to Richmond in the trade period I were hoping we could get him.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Rookie
Oct 19, 2007

Leppa on SEN today said he asked Blair Hartley whether player managers played a role in a players development and which player managers are best at it.
Blair replied Ralph was the best, telling, and getting, his players to put in the work and i'll get you the contract.
Mabs switched to Ralph end of 2019 and immediately engaged a personal trainer in Warrnabool in a bid to build cardiovascular fitness.
Quinton Narkle joined Ralph at the start of 2021, (great mates with Shai), and he is now playing some great footy. When there were rumors of Narkle coming to Richmond in the trade period I were hoping we could get him.
Makes sense. Short, eccentric fellow with a toupe who is not a member of the footy boys club probably has a lot of personal experience on the determination needed to achieve someting/break through in career path of choice.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He surely can’t be on the darts now!

Joe Daniher regularly sits alone at the bar of The Boundary Hotel in West End, enjoying a schooner.

I like Joe Daniher. and I think he likes being Joe Who? in Brisbane

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Two goals for this week:

Can he keep Nick Nat down to 1 mark for the game?

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Two goals for this week:

Will 100% get monstered in the ruck by Nic Nat, same height, similar leap but 20kg difference, it takes a brave man not to get out of the way of that.
Can still play his role around the ground.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Joe Daniher regularly sits alone at the bar of The Boundary Hotel in West End, enjoying a schooner.

I like Joe Daniher. and I think he likes being Joe Who? in Brisbane
I like Joe too. I especially like that he doesn't play for us.

Last edited:
  • Haha

RoarEmotion

Tiger Superstar
Aug 20, 2005

Pretty interesting insight.

A player manager adding value for their player by making their player more valuable.

Common sense isn’t always common.

wigglyworm

Tiger Rookie
Jan 22, 2008
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Last year he had a couple of good games in a row and then fell away and was not considered in the back end of the year. He needs to keep his effort levels up. I would love for him to succeed but he still has a ways to go to get that monkey off his back

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

bit of a no brainer IMHO
and rotate him in the forward line as well!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Will 100% get monstered in the ruck by Nic Nat, same height, similar leap but 20kg difference, it takes a brave man not to get out of the way of that.
Can still play his role around the ground.
I don't think that bad Nantanui is bit overated for me and Soldo and Chol handled him well last time.