Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Simple solution to NicNat's size is Mate Colina.

Dimma: Hey, Mate!
Colina: Yes, Dimma farkin
Dimma: You're in this week
Colina: Ok, boss, what is my role farkin
Dimma: Your role this week. See this big black bloke with the dreadlocks
Colina: yes farkin
Dimma: Your role is to put him out of action when the umpire, that's the bloke wearing green, bounces the ball at the start of the game

Ambulance called at the 10 second mark of the first quarter

Dimma (on phone to bench): Ok, Livo, get Mate off, get his tracksuit on. He looks injured. Activate the sub....Chol into the ruck
A most cunning plan

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Chol’s first quarter against Essendon was easily the best I’ve seen from him. At one stage I thought he was clearly BOG.

His rucking was initially against Phillips. Up until he was thrashed by Chol I was beginning to come around to Phillips. Chol thrashed Phillips.

Rutten moved Cox into the ruck to counter Chol’s mobility. That was moderately successful as a counter measure and quite successful in bringing Cox in the game that would prove to be his best ever.

Despite the very moderate opponents I still have no hesitation in speculating that I saw Chol level up. And his throwing himself at the match winning mark when usually he would have gone home stamped that.

I will be interested to see where this leads. What I do now believe is that it’s not just Chol’s immense confidence challenges but his lack of stamina too that prevent his showing his best.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Chol’s first quarter against Essendon was easily the best I’ve seen from him. At one stage I thought he was clearly BOG.

His rucking was initially against Phillips. Up until he was thrashed by Chol I was beginning to come around to Phillips. Chol thrashed Phillips.

Rutten moved Cox into the ruck to counter Chol’s mobility. That was moderately successful as a counter measure and quite successful in bringing Cox in the game that would prove to be his best ever.

Despite the very moderate opponents I still have no hesitation in speculating that I saw Chol level up. And his throwing himself at the match winning mark when usually he would have gone home stamped that.

I will be interested to see where this leads. What I do now believe is that it’s not just Chol’s immense confidence challenges but his lack of stamina too that prevent his showing his best.
Tomorrow he should run Natanui ragged. Chol might not be an aerobic beast but compared to Natanui he is a Olympic marathon runner.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I'm a bit conflicted with my thoughts on Mabs, as you mentioned his first quarter was fantastic. However he was up against a 3 club journeyman and a 19 yearly first year player.
Shorter rotations with CJ might be the best option, it will allow him to compete without running out of gas so quickly.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Did some great things. Still didn’t run backwards at least twice in defence to contest and Essendon marked. If he could work that confidence thing out would be huge.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'll be looking for an improvement in the defensive 50 in the air tomorrow. It's going to be vital that Mabs works hard in the air against the Weagles. No spectating. It's your ball Mabior.

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Did some great things. Still didn’t run backwards at least twice in defence to contest and Essendon marked. If he could work that confidence thing out would be huge.
Yep noticed that as well, worked hard to get back into defence but didn’t push back into the pack like Nank does. He’s got to make sure he helps bring that ball to ground... will be important against Eagles talks.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Will 100% get monstered in the ruck by Nic Nat, same height, similar leap but 20kg difference, it takes a brave man not to get out of the way of that.
Can still play his role around the ground.
Yep, for Mabs that CB contest is going to look like a dark tunnel with a huge Mack truck coming at him, with the headlights then turned on to reveal huge, spattered and rusty roo bars.

This could either make or break him. CCJ won't be able to do much better; easily brushed aside at this youthful stage. There's a lot of knocking of Nicnat on PRE for his lack of consistent marking and whatever, but his value is in the clearances from CBs and stoppages he creates for mids or gains himself. With Kennedy and Allen back in support of Darling and Ryan, quick entries create a heap of scores for WC. Good field and straight kicking team too.

The Bummers got very lucky beating them after they lost two vital players fairly early.

CN17

Tiger Cub
Jun 22, 2019
Mabs can exploit Nic Nats weak tank by making himself a target moving forward. Other ruckman have done this very well this year.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Yep, for Mabs that CB contest is going to look like a dark tunnel with a huge Mack truck coming at him, with the headlights then turned on to reveal huge, spattered and rusty roo bars.

This could either make or break him. CCJ won't be able to do much better; easily brushed aside at this youthful stage. There's a lot of knocking of Nicnat on PRE for his lack of consistent marking and whatever, but his value is in the clearances from CBs and stoppages he creates for mids or gains himself. With Kennedy and Allen back in support of Darling and Ryan, quick entries create a heap of scores for WC. Good field and straight kicking team too.

The Bummers got very lucky beating them after they lost two vital players fairly early.
Fair points , but there form at home been very patchy.I think around the ground we need to make Nantanui work that's we're Mabs can take advantage. We can get them with our speed and spread I reckon.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Mabs looks laconic but the young man is quick. Last week played really well. He worked his arse off. No he is not Nank, aggressive not really, but he is not weak and doesn't shirk a contest.
I saw him live last week and was impressed by his work rate.
I reckon he goes ok.
Go tiges.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ccj and nic nat only 1 cm difference in height with ccj 102 kgs and Nic Nat 110
Problem is Nic Nat's got legs n arse like a pit bull while Cholly's be more like a grey hound. Gunna be a weird n interesting contest. Cujo 's way more forward than ruck at the moment n also doesn't have Nic Nat's power.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Big game for Mabs tomorrow
Every game from here on in to the finals is a big game for Mabior if he is to keep his place in the team.
Tigers will need him to step up from last week's pleasing effort if it is to beat West Coast.
This is Chol's time, so will be interesting to see if he is able to grasp the opportunity to cement his spot.