Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Natanui will attack the body. Knees into the rib cage. Chol needs to withstand the centre bounces. Around the ground Chol will have him covered.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Natanui will attack the body. Knees into the rib cage. Chol needs to withstand the centre bounces. Around the ground Chol will have him covered.
last year Nank and Soldo attacked Nic by going to the side prior the bounce, he was left opened. Go Boys get on top and stay there.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought Chol competed pretty well for much of the game but was out on his feet that last term. Looked completely knacked. As a part timer he just didn't have the ruck fitness to go with Natanui. Was much better down back this week for the most part.
All that said he'll never be Toby Nankervis.

Reactions: 7 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I find it hard to criticise him, he gave the best he had. But he appeared to spectate in ruck and marking duels later in the game. Probably gassed.

He's 24, needs more patience.

Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I find it hard to criticise him, he gave the best he had. But he appeared to spectate in ruck and marking duels later in the game. Probably gassed.

Needs more patience.

My thoughts exactly, but bigger picture there's no decision to make between keeping Mabs and keeping CCJ. Particularly if Soldo is ready for 2022.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No faulting Chol tonight. Was breaking even all night. But others have said he was cooked in the last 10 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Had a decent game but his lack of footy brain was costly in that last qtr as he had no idea how to fill that hole in the backline when needed. Id play him only with Nank in the side.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can't handle him
Sorry guys.
You can't pick and choose when you play.
There's a pattern now.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Had a decent game but his lack of footy brain was costly in that last qtr as he had no idea how to fill that hole in the backline when needed. Id play him only with Nank in the side.

agree.

its heart and lungs deep in game too

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I thought Chol did as well as can be expected. Didn't flinch up against NicNak and did so e nice things.

Reactions: 5 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
I can't handle him
Sorry guys.
You can't pick and choose when you play.
There's a pattern now.
I agree. I think he is a solid home and away player for a bottom 6 team but do you trust him in a final? When the intensity went up to finals level in the last quarter he couldn't cut it. 4th in the Ruck pecking order behind Nank, Soldo and CCJ with Ryan approaching quickly.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I thought Chol did as well as can be expected. Didn't flinch up against NicNak and did so e nice things.
Yeah agree, our man copped a lesson but I’ll give him this, he busted his ringer again.

Didn‘t look timid once and competed. It’s not a level up in ability but in effort.

That counts for a lot.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Chol was soundly beaten by NicNat. 7 disposals, 14 hitouts for a first ruck doesn't do it for me. Think he'll be straight out for Nanks. When Lynch comes back CJ will be the perfect backup ruckman for Nanks.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Chol will be yet another player that had ‘potential’ but never made it. Good luck to him - made the AFL & played a few games. However, not up to ever being a quality, consistent, week in & week out AFL player that helps a team win a flag. Happy to let him explore his ‘potential’ at whatever club he wants to go to for 2022.