Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Chol faded and hard to understand why after 5 years+ on the list.
Does the flashy stuff and we miss Nank the Tabks consistency from start to finish.
How long are we going to wait for this bloke to play out games?
*smile* the excuses.
5 years, no serious injuries, 5 preseasons.
Just delist him.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nank > Soldo-Jones > Chol with Samson showing promise for 2023+ and Mate a project.

Trade to Gold Coast for a swap of first-round picks.
Pretty sure Cholly's an unrestricted free, unless someone is doing us a big favour he can pack up the suitcase n wander off wherever he feels like.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Chol is a bit player.
Little bit in the ruck and a little bit in the forward line.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
a lot of Chol love happening here

I could have sworn Nank is out injured and wasn't dropped for Chol and will come straight back in when right oh well got that one wrong

he was kept on the list for insurance

If Sampson was in last night in place of Chol we lose by a margin

Chol competed , he has had boiled oil poured on him for being super soft for a long while now (justified) ,this year he comes out and plays a lot better in the last 2 games
and people double down on their critcism

a the start of the year he had no trade value , other clubs may have picked him up if delisted , his last two performances has given him some value
and how we use it is up to our footy dept.

Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Chol is a bit player.
Little bit in the ruck and a little bit in the forward line.
agree. but Richmond will need to make decision. I don't think we can play both with Nank and with Dion & Lynch to come back. 3 to go out? Caddy/Rioli/Chol

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
At worst Chol will walk away without any compensation. At best we might get a swap of Third rounders. It is what it is

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i have had doubts re chol regarding his aggressiveness and reading the ball in flight

the last couple of games have alleviated those specific concerns

i think his main issue now is his tank - if he can improve that, i am confident he can be a good player

we have nank, soldo, ccj, chol, colina - not all of them will be on our list next year - chol or ccj most likely to be tempted by significantly better offers elsewhere

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hard to understand the criticism of Choi. He was playing the best centre square ruck in the AFL. He didn't flinch. He took a couple of handy marks and tried hard all night. That game will be great for his development IMO, much the same as Dixon's monstering of Balta last year in the H&A was great for Balta's development. Not sure what people were expecting? Give Choi another 40 games and extra pre-seasons and IMO he could be a gun all round ruckman. Name me a 20 game ruck who wouldn't have been smashed by nicnat? (and Choi was not smashed).

There is no doubt if Nank plays we win but Choi did as well as could be expected IMO.

Reactions: 13 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hard to understand the criticism of Choi. He was playing the best centre square ruck in the AFL. He didn't flinch. He took a couple of handy marks and tried hard all night. That game will be great for his development IMO, much the same as Dixon's monstering of Balta last year in the H&A was great for Balta's development. Not sure what people were expecting? Give Choi another 40 games and extra pre-seasons and IMO he could be a gun all round ruckman. Name me a 20 game ruck who wouldn't have been smashed by nicnat? (and Choi was not smashed).

There is no doubt if Nank plays we win but Choi did as well as could be expected IMO.
Yeah, but why do you call him Choi?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Flea74

Tiger Rookie
Aug 10, 2004
Horsham
If AFL just consisted of the first quarter Chol would be the best player in the league. Unfortunately there are 4 quarters.
best bet then to play him as the medical sub each week once Nank comes back and cop an injury at 3/4 time and bring in Chol to dominate the last quarter instead of the first?

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
MABIOR CHOL IS AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT AT THE END OF YEAR. WE ARE NOT TRADING HIM.
MABIOR CHOL IS AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT AT THE END OF YEAR. WE ARE NOT TRADING HIM.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He did ok against a ruck who is one of the best in the league at dominating not so good rucks.
But he is still our 3rd best ruckman.

Also a small point Natanui's goal in the 1st may have come from somewhere between his lower back and upper legs, but Chol just let him run free. He has to do better. that was the 1st 1/4.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
So what are you saying Paul?

• Haha

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

So let me get this straight... Mabior Chol is contracted until 2023 and we will get a first rounder for him?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Chol won't be getting another 40 games. Goes missing far too much and that won't change. Needs to gain another 10kg to really compete properly in the ruck at AFL level. Gets too far behind his man at marking contests and then doesn't impact, whether he just doesn't have that explosion off the mark and/or is slow to read the flight of the ball, I don't know. The criticism is justified in terms of his ability to make it as a genuine ruckman at AFL level. If Nanks is out next game, he'll get one last chance but hard to know what happens when he's back. I can't see Chol keeping his spot. I can however see other clubs taking a chance on him so based on history I expect to see him at the Saints next year to give them a whole team of ex-Tiger players in 2022.

Reactions: 2 users