Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Has been given his opportunity to impress and show that he wants to be an AFL footballer, but time and again he falls short.
It's no shame or crime for many others have failed ... and I for one never played a single game at the elite level
But it's time to accept that no matter the level of support, cajoling, coaching etc he receives will get him across the line.
Just doesn't have the internal fortitude. Doesn't want it enough.

Reactions: 4 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Go back and watch his "effort" 5-10 seconds before Balta did his knee. He refuses to put his body on the line time and time again. Compare that to what Nank would have done in the same situation.

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Has been given his opportunity to impress and show that he wants to be an AFL footballer, but time and again he falls short.
It's no shame or crime for many others have failed ... and I for one never played a single game at the elite level
But it's time to accept that no matter the level of support, cajoling, coaching etc he receives will get him across the line.
Just doesn't have the internal fortitude. Doesn't want it enough.
Well said.

Heat came on and he melted away sadly. I want him to succeed, truly. Needed him to stamp himself this year but sadly, something is just missing to go the next step. Needs to attack the ball with anger and heart. Seems to lack the killer instinct in a pivotal roll imo

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Well said.

Heat came on and he melted away sadly. I want him to succeed, truly. Needed him to stamp himself this year but sadly, something is just missing to go the next step. Needs to attack the ball with anger and heart. Seems to lack the killer instinct in a pivotal roll imo

Spot on, Al
Has some tremendous skills but his application for much of the time he is on the ground is seriously lacking.
Just becmes an absolute liability when he performs/plays like he did tonight (and on other occasions).

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Effort, not there. Hate to pile on but it’s time to let him be someone’s problem at an inflated price.

Reactions: 6 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The only thing i notice
The majority of times he plays we lose
Still at 72% career, in the top 4% for players with 25+ games.

Nankervis arrived two years younger than Chol is now and immediately assumed the mantle.

Even if he wants to stay on low money, I don't know if we can afford to continue developing him in the seniors. Going on 25 is to me the equivalent of a 5yo racehorse... Is Chol ever going to be city class?

Not a great night to judge him on.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Nah, sorry, I reckon he has had enough chances. I have held out some hope for quite a while, he has so much potential. He just does not deliver.

If he goes and succeeds at another club it will not worry me. A change of club may be the bomb under him he needs, but I cannot see him succeeding at Richmond. Been given enough chances: dud, delist!

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
If Chol was second maybe even 3rd year I’d consider another season , however he’s just way to unreliable, last type of player we need on the list right now

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Only 66% game time after more game time in previous 2 games. . I'm sure it's his lack of stamina that does him in.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Only 66% game time after more game time in previous 2 games. . I'm sure it's his lack of stamina that does him in.
He was walking in the first 4 minutes of the game.
The only thing missing was the walking stick.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He was walking in the first 4 minutes of the game.
The only thing missing was the walking stick.
Because he's trying to pace himself knowing he doesn't have the stamina. If he could get one of those power wands from Harry Potter to use as a walking stick.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Because he's trying to pace himself knowing he doesn't have the stamina. If he could get one of those power wands from Harry Potter to use as a walking stick.
I've seen better player's chopped after 2 years. He has had 5 full preseasons, 5 full AFL season's.
If his endurance is bad at 25 its not going to improve at 28

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I've seen better player's chopped after 2 years. He has had 5 full preseasons, 5 full AFL season's.
If his endurance is bad at 25 its not going to improve at 28
Of course not. I think we held onto him 1 year too long (assuming he's moving on this year). CJ has work to do on his rucking skills but you can see he is a much more accomplished and rounded player. It's flair potential versus workhorse potential.