Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Doesn't work anywhere near hard enough to be a ruckman. Part timer at best.

Not sure where to for Mabs from here. Call me crazy but given Balta's injury maybe CHB?
Said that to Leysy last night ( I think you’d gone ;) ) that we needed to put Balta in Ruck and throw Chol down back as his played a bit there , enoughs enough though , just does not compete anywhere near enough , talented yes, lovely chap yes, has “it” hell no

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Said that to Leysy last night ( I think you’d gone ;) ) that we needed to put Balta in Ruck and throw Chol down back as his played a bit there , enoughs enough though , just does not compete anywhere near enough , talented yes, lovely chap yes, has “it” hell no
Just before Balta got injured I said to a mate we should put Balta in the ruck coz chol is giving us F all and Balta was dropping everything in the backline.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Im not a huge fan, but it is worth remembering he is our 3rd string ruck. we aint going to get anyone much good to come and play behind Nank and Soldo (hopefully next year). if he chooses to walk elsewhere, it isnt a big loss, but we will need to find another state league ruckm or hope Ryan or CCJ cant ruck if needed.

Also he dislocated finger might be a reason he was even more timid than usual on Friday. He might be out injured this week, which will leave us worse off, but i doubt he will be dropped, if only because we dont have anyone to replace him. unless CCJ is suddenly no1, which i doubt.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I thought that Mabs was ok. I don't have high expectations. Incremental improvement is good. I thought we got a bit of that.

Was he flogged? Sometimes. Mmm. Too often.

People forget that AFL rucks are, by and large, no good. And reserves grade rucks are miles worse than that.

I believe that Mabior has graduated from VFA ruck to dud AFL ruck. And at an early age.

AFL rucks, by and large, mature at 30.

I say we keep. Have a look at Sweet or The Collingwood spud - Thingo. Lynch. The Freo one. Meek. Strachan for Adelaide.

Have a look at Rory Lobb in the ruck. F M D. You think the redhead for Essendon is ok? Yeah nah.

Mabior has Jarman Impey Syndrome. He looks classy but isn't. But he's ok. For a ruck.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I thought that Mabs was ok. I don't have high expectations. Incremental improvement is good. I thought we got a bit of that.

Was he flogged? Sometimes. Mmm. Too often.

People forget that AFL rucks are, by and large, no good. And reserves grade rucks are miles worse than that.

I believe that Mabior has graduated from VFA ruck to dud AFL ruck. And at an early age.

AFL rucks, by and large, mature at 30.

I say we keep. Have a look at Sweet or The Collingwood spud - Thingo. Lynch. The Freo one. Meek. Strachan for Adelaide.

Have a look at Rory Lobb in the ruck. F M D. You think the redhead for Essendon is ok? Yeah nah.

Mabior has Jarman Impey Syndrome. He looks classy but isn't. But he's ok. For a ruck.
Cholly's the Ferrari that just won't ignite.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He’s not going to get a better chance of than this game to stamp his authority. At the crossroads imo.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Considering he's up against a third tall 191cm state league player in Chris Burgess I have a feeling he may have a similar output to what he displayed in the Essendrugs game, at the same time wouldn't be surprised if he goes missing again. Should Nank be absent in the following week(s) post a good game and is up against a genuine hard nosed ruck he'll no doubt go back into his shell as he always does

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Cholmeister goes in and out of games so don't be expecting a four quarter effort...just some flashes of brilliance then he needs a rest.
CCJ will be a better long term ruck proposition.
Chol might be auditioning for his new side tonight.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hope he has a blinder and brains em seeing he's in and in the shop window tonight!!

Get that trade value up up up.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I don't think my Samsung will survive Mabs putting in another game like last week.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I expect a good one from him tonight, geez your can’t get a better opportunity at AFL level than coming up against Chris Burgess as your ruck opponent!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
You just have to question if Chol really wants an AFL career as to night is another chance to show his wares and he sure is running out of chances when Nanks comes back and CCJ as second ruck