Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Rookie Draft - Pick 30
Height: 198cm
Weight: 81kg
Position: Ruck/forward

Based on his highlights looks a very good kick of the footy for his height. Will be interesting to see how he develops. Perfect rookie pick!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-11-27/rookie-draft-pick-30-mabior-chol

Richmond has selected Queensland-based ruckman/forward Mabior Chol with pick 30 in the 2015 AFL Rookie Draft.

DOB: 29/01/1997
Recruited from: Queensland Academy
Height: 198cm
Weight: 81kg
Position: Ruck/forward

What the Richmond recruiters say:

Chol has been a member of the Brisbane Lions academy for the last two years.

An athletic forward/ruckman who has mixed his football with the Queensland U18 squad, Lions reserves and Aspley, Chol’s football has really progressed in the last six months.

Chol and his family moved from Sudan, via Egypt, when he was eight years old, settling in Brisbane.

He took up the game shortly after, while at school, before entering the Queensland Talent Pathway.

He was a member of the Allies team which took on the AFL Academy on Grand Final day this year, and produced an impressive performance.

Chol then went to the AFL Draft Combine, and performed strongly, with an impressive 3km time trial of 10.55min, and finishing third in the country in the repeat sprint test.

He is very skilled by foot, and clean at ground level, and has shown an ability to play both in the ruck and forward. We will look to develop him in multiple roles.

We've got him as 198cm.... ;D

Multiple roles sounds perfect.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
My man Maboir!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/southeast/yeronga-south-brisbane-devils-player-mabior-chol-is-a-good-chance-to-be-picked-in-afl-draft/story-fni9r20i-1227577045216

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-2015-sudanborn-mabior-chol-puts-family-first-20151107-gkt80g.html

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
July 9 is Sudan's Independence Day. Let's lobby the AFL to lock that in as a RFC v North Marquee game where we have the calendar to ourselves.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I like the look of this fella, very skinny and lanky at this stage, but moves quite gracefully for someone his size. Nice fluent kicking action, and it appears he can mark.

Best of luck to him!

69 vintage

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2013
That's one way to increase our membership . His family might out do Bachars for members .
Welcome aboard Chol family .

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Pick 30 Mabior Chol
29/01/1997 Height: 198cm Weight: 78kg
Sudanese-born tall forward who also can play in the ruck. Left footer who is quick and agile and a good user of the ball by hand and foot. Moved from Sudan to Queensland at eight years of age. Member of Brisbane Lions Academy. Impressed in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 10 possessions (80 percent efficiency) and 13 hitouts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdihMQ8EJZk
(Watch the mark in the last 20 secs)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Ok he's a baby and will grow.
Yet right now he's 198.
He could end up at 205. Maybe / maybe not.
He did very well at the combine in the leaps.
He's a coiled spring.
And I bet he has long arms, just by looking at his legs.

At a footy carnival at Toowoomba the Sudanese kids were all arms and legs.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
spook said:
I love this pick. Could turn out the biggest bargain of the draft. Lad has some tools.

And that's the best use of the rookie draft ain't it? Kid has shown heaps in glimpses. Can he do it consistently? That's a rookie pick.

For years many on here have spoke of using the rookie list as a nursery for young rucks. Check back with this bloke at 2018.

Any thing he does between now and then, is a bonus. Imagine a half forward line with the boy and McBean at VFL level with McKenzie at full forward, match up hell.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Looks to play aggressively which is great. Will enjoy watching this player develop.

Yep, that's what I like too.

DirtyDogTiger said:
And I bet he has long arms, just by looking at his legs.

At a footy carnival at Toowoomba the Sudanese kids were all arms and legs.

I suppose 78kgs for his height is too light, but how heavy can East Africans get?

Reactions: 1 user