Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Joe Daniher regularly sits alone at the bar of The Boundary Hotel in West End, enjoying a schooner.

I like Joe Daniher. and I think he likes being Joe Who? in Brisbane
I like Joe too. I especially like that he doesn't play for us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Hopefully Ralph Carr can work his magic on Mab's as well ;)

Leppa on SEN today said he asked Blair Hartley whether player managers played a role in a players development and which player managers are best at it.
Blair replied Ralph was the best, telling, and getting, his players to put in the work and i'll get you the contract.
Mind you he had pretty easy canvases to work with Dusty & Shai.
Mabs switched to Ralph end of 2019 and immediately engaged a personal trainer in Warrnabool in a bid to build cardiovascular fitness.
Quinton Narkle joined Ralph at the start of 2021, (great mates with Shai), and he is now playing some great footy. When there were rumors of Narkle coming to Richmond in the trade period I were hoping we could get him.
Pretty interesting insight.

A player manager adding value for their player by making their player more valuable.

Common sense isn’t always common.

Reactions: 2 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Last year he had a couple of good games in a row and then fell away and was not considered in the back end of the year. He needs to keep his effort levels up. I would love for him to succeed but he still has a ways to go to get that monkey off his back

Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I reckon Mabior is gonna get a premiership medal this year.

Dimma's been tying himself in knots with the ruck men plural V speed conundrum.

But Mabior is *smile* fast.

and if her can play 60% game time as a 2nd ruck,

he'll be even faster for longer.

bit of a no brainer IMHO
and rotate him in the forward line as well!

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Will 100% get monstered in the ruck by Nic Nat, same height, similar leap but 20kg difference, it takes a brave man not to get out of the way of that.
Can still play his role around the ground.
I don't think that bad Nantanui is bit overated for me and Soldo and Chol handled him well last time.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Will 100% get monstered in the ruck by Nic Nat, same height, similar leap but 20kg difference, it takes a brave man not to get out of the way of that.
Can still play his role around the ground.
Simple solution to NicNat's size is Mate Colina.

Dimma: Hey, Mate!
Colina: Yes, Dimma farkin
Dimma: You're in this week
Colina: Ok, boss, what is my role farkin
Dimma: Your role this week. See this big black bloke with the dreadlocks
Colina: yes farkin
Dimma: Your role is to put him out of action when the umpire, that's the bloke wearing green, bounces the ball at the start of the game

Ambulance called at the 10 second mark of the first quarter

Dimma (on phone to bench): Ok, Livo, get Mate off, get his tracksuit on. He looks injured. Activate the sub....Chol into the ruck

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I don't think that bad Nantanui is bit overated for me and Soldo and Chol handled him well last time.
That was Nank and Soldo, agree though, they did a number on Nic Nac.
Agree about Nic Nac being overrated (around the ground) he is very good at getting the clearance off his own hit out though. Last week as Captain was just about the best game iv'e seen him play.
A huge challenge for Mabs and CJ, for mine this is where the game will be won or lost.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
That was Nank and Soldo, agree though, they did a number on Nic Nac.
Agree about Nic Nac being overrated (around the ground) he is very good at getting the clearance off his own hit out though. Last week as Captain was just about the best game iv'e seen him play.
A huge challenge for Mabs and CJ, for mine this is where the game will be won or lost.
Agree.Interesting they brought in Vardy also.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Agree.Interesting they brought in Vardy also.
Yes, Vardy's inclusion is probably a reflection on what Nank and Solda did to Nic Nac last time. Not sure Mabs and CJ will be able to do it though.

As an aside an undersized ruckman that I'm a fan of for Claremont in the WAFL, Oliver Eastland took Vardy to the cleaners last week.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Have a look at Max Gawn, he is now an aerobic beast (how lean is he) and look at where he has taken his game. You run more you get to more contests, there is no secret.
Gawn was averaging 37 hitouts as a 23yo, 19 as a 21yo. Gawn has always had great stamina which is where I think Chol's issue is. You can improve fitness and I'm sure Chol is as fit as can be, it would be disappointing at 24yo in a professional environment if he wasn't. But stamina, some just have better natural stamina than others.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yes, Vardy's inclusion is probably a reflection on what Nank and Solda did to Nic Nac last time. Not sure Mabs and CJ will be able to do it though.

As an aside an undersized ruckman that I'm a fan of for Claremont in the WAFL, Oliver Eastland took Vardy to the cleaners last week.
I've been to the shopping centre they named after him.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users