Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jury is still out in my opinion. Needs to show some consistency. Let;s see if he can frank the good form with a stand-out game next week against the Cats.
He could possibly have another Barry Crocker game next week n most will be calling he jury back in looking to hang him high again. He's a tall n played 28 games, still developing so he'll have crap moments n games. But we've seen what his best can bring n it's fairly *smile* awesome, so if we're smart we keep working n developing him to bring out his best more often n reduce his poor moments.
More importantly us fans need to understand n remember he's two arms n two legs,some even say he's two phones as well, like the rest of us he'll never be perfect. Look through the careers of any player you'd like to consider n all of them have crap games n poor moments no matter how elite they might be.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
What an asset Chol “could” be , however how long do we give a “tall” ? Chol may have played less then 30 AFL games , but he has played plenty of VFL games , plenty of junior footy so his “ efforts” should be consistent by now, 7 years at punt rd is as good of footy education and environment that there can be.

Weve waited for talls in the past to “click” Vickery, Elton, Griffiths, etc with nothing more then handy as a result after years of development and hope , question been how much longer do we wait for another very good game from Marbs ?

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
3 of his 4 goals were exceptionally good.
Just watched the replay again and he was a match winner. Two shots were very difficult and at crucial times. Also loved a couple of his marks.

With Jack almost done, we simply can't afford to lose him at this stage. Obviously only a second ruck but a pretty good one at that.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just watched the replay again and he was a match winner. Two shots were very difficult and at crucial times. Also loved a couple of his marks.

With Jack almost done, we simply can't afford to lose him at this stage. Obviously only a second ruck but a pretty good one at that.
He regularly out leaped the Big O. Not always to our advantage but he can certainly get his hand to the ball first.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He regularly out leaped the Big O. Not always to our advantage but he can certainly get his hand to the ball first.
It may have already been said, but I think we saw the benefits of Chol not getting beaten up and worn down over a full game playing first ruck. Given his relative weight, he has a big disadvantage playing first ruck.

All of his games as first ruck he has been spent by 3q time. With Nank back, Chol was flying in the last quarter.

Perhaps this is the season that is the making of him, getting his fitness and stamina up to play at the required level (as a forward ruck).

I thought it interesting that they had Lynch still playing ruck in our forward line when Chol was resting forward. I would much rather Chol doing this. Lynch looks a duck out of water rucking.

Reactions: 6 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

For better or worse, off memory everything he did was like a small forward. I‘ll have to watch the replay, but I think Rioli could’ve kicked the same goals in the same manner.

Chol plays nothing like Jack from what I’ve seen.

He did out leap the oppo’s ruckman to touch the ball first and the action made virtually no difference to the match.

I watched the last 2 minutes of the Hawthorn/Melbourne draw, and saw Gawn win the final centre bounce hit out. Hawthorn got the clearance. If the best ruck in the league in the most important contest of the match wins the ruck contest, but it results in the opposition winning the clearance, and that’s a common outcome, then it’s not a reliable enough action for us to be prioritising it with our 4th-in-line ruck IMO.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Chol plays nothing like Jack from what I’ve seen.
Who do you have in mind that plays like Jack? Forwards of Jack's quality are a pretty rare commodity.

We have been spoilt with Richo and then Jack over the last 20 years. Not many teams end up with two consecutive star forwards.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
For better or worse, off memory everything he did was like a small forward. I‘ll have to watch the replay, but I think Rioli could’ve kicked the same goals in the same manner.
Pretty sure Sausage"s leg wouldn't have been long enough to reach that little toe poke goal in the square. Also doubt his leg have been strong enough to nail that last goal from 50 late in the game.
There's a reason that Sausage, George n Aartsy have been under the pump in recent weeks. They've barely even been getting opportunities to kick goals never mind actually kicking some when the opportunity arises. Got a feeling Sausage was seen by Dimma as the most likely to be a successful transition to defence rather than George or Aartsy.
Cholly's copped plenty over the years for being a nearly almost tease, more than happy for him to have been able to put in a very successful game n hoping he continues developing.

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
cant see chol leaving
he loves the club
the club loves him
he is to valuable
on and off the field to
trade him off to another club
especially after long time devoloping
his skills

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, at a guess we’d offer a modest 2 yr contract but someone else will offer a more lucrative longer contract.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
cant see chol leaving
he loves the club
the club loves him
he is to valuable
on and off the field to
trade him off to another club
especially after long time devoloping
his skills
Are these the lyrics to a song?

• Haha

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

My view is if we want to win another premiership, with his unreliability, can we afford to keep him? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him really develop and use all his talents and more for the Tigers but I just don't see it happening

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
The offers will come though 3/4 year contract at 500k a year and chance to play regular senior footy.
Geezus! You can come n play Santa at my house anytime. Cholly would be on the bare minimum type deal at the moment, around $100 - $150k per year n match payments at best. If he keeps playing decent footy he'll get a modest pay boost and probably two year deal. He'd need to be tearing games n finals apart by seasons end to get anywhere near $500k n 3/4 years.

Reactions: 1 users