Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like he's 15 yo. Got RCD's # 26 guernsey. How strange a mid season pick gets a lower number than National Draftees.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great we get a first look at Coulthard in the VFL on Sunday., straight to work.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Missed the guy we wanted (Hansen Jnr) or did we????

What makes you say that?, before the draft started there was a leak that Richmond were linked to Coulthard, and turns out they had been tracking him for a year.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
What makes you say that?, before the draft started there was a leak that Richmond were linked to Coulthard, and turns out they had been tracking him for a year.

I had seen an earlier media report that we were interested in Hansen Jnr & thought that maybe we "leaked" that to put others off about Coulthard.

Frankly I'm happy with this pick. I wasn't very impressed with H. Jnrs "highlights " package. Good luck to him & North but, we'll see.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I had seen an earlier media report that we were interested in Hansen Jnr & thought that maybe we "leaked" that to put others off about Coulthard.

Frankly I'm happy with this pick. I wasn't very impressed with H. Jnrs "highlights " package. Good luck to him & North but, we'll see.

I much prefer Coulthards highlights over Hansen Juniors too. Hansen Juniors kicks to other targets inside 50 seemed to go very high in his highlights, will get away with that at WAFL level but those kicks would be spoiled at AFL level.

The way Coulthard attacks the packs is exciting and skinny kids can certainly impact in the AFL. Jesse Motlop at Carlton is an example of that (whilst the official weights have him at 75kg and Coulthard at 69kg, their body shapes seem very similar), all comes down to how bodies and muscles have developed.

Excited to see Coulthard in the VFL game on Sunday.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I much prefer Coulthards highlights over Hansen Juniors too. Hansen Juniors kicks to other targets inside 50 seemed to go very high in his highlights, will get away with that at WAFL level but those kicks would be spoiled at AFL level.

The way Coulthard attacks the packs is exciting and skinny kids can certainly impact in the AFL. Jesse Motlop at Carlton is an example of that (whilst the official weights have him at 75kg and Coulthard at 69kg, their body shapes seem very similar), all comes down to how bodies and muscles have developed.

Excited to see Coulthard in the VFL game on Sunday.
Loved that 1 hand grab crumb shown on the video highlights. Speaks well and knows what to do. Gotta feeling he's gonna debut before Banks and Brown.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Exquisite foot skills.
Weighting his kicks to perfection.
Looks a talent

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Like what I have seen so far, a beautiful user of the ball and early doors appears to make the right decisions.
A couple of nearly plays shows he can rove a pack.
Got legged but no free.
Watch how he provides multiple leads to either open up space or provide a loose target, unfortunately our blokes don't look for loose targets.

Reactions: 8 users