Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We have consistently shown that when we can hold our own in clearances and contested ball around the ground we are very hard to beat. Massive addition to our midfield.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm sure some are disappointed we didn't get any picks back, but if he helps us win a cup, who cares?

Reactions: 12 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Might seem overs, but this short-term investment seems worth the risk given that we are still in the premiership window. Picks 12 & 19 draftees for GWS are the same old. Just kids again.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i think a smidge overs; but clean business for a type of player we need ... welcome Tim

Reactions: 4 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Well done Blair. It is probably a bit overs but the good clubs don't try and win the trade period like Dodo does. They target the player they want, get him to commit and as long as the deal is reasonable they get it done. It's the difference between Geelong under Wells and Essendon under Dodo.

Reactions: 7 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Lets just for argument sake we got back pick #43 that GWS got from the pies would it really have made much difference in a draft thats looking like around 55 selections will be taken ?

I am pretty confident our 2023 1st rounder will be later than this year so if we end up with Hopper for F1+#30 it balances things out. Same newman had an album i believe that said i do my best work after midnight.

Richmond do their best work in the draft late

Reactions: 3 users

tigersmk

Tiger Cub
Nov 17, 2004
Well done Blair. It is probably a bit overs but the good clubs don't try and win the trade period like Dodo does. They target the player they want, get him to commit and as long as the deal is reasonable they get it done. It's the difference between Geelong under Wells and Essendon under Dodo.

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Pretty pumped about this. I know on face value it looks like we’ve paid through the nose, I’m feeling more confident about this trade than Prestia’s at the time. Taranto already has finals experience and won a B&F its good acquisition in any terms IMO.

Reactions: 6 users

tigersmk

Tiger Cub
Nov 17, 2004
I know it’s 2 picks compared to 1, but in points value how does it compare to pick 6 we gave for Prestia?

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Blair identifies a player and dosent try to bend over the club he needs to deal with. The deals are so smooth. He doesn't short change anyone..
If he likes, he buys compare that to Dodoro.
He would be a head case to deal with.
That's why Essendon are always attached to certain players but the deal falls through and they end with duds like Stewart, Josh Green and Culter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
I know it’s 2 picks compared to 1, but in points value how does it compare to pick 6 we gave for Prestia?

Bit more than Prestia. 6 for Prestia v 12/19 for Taranto = pick 4. Was taken at #2. It’s why the Hopper deal is going to be interesting in terms of what might come back our way.

If we’re talking about a direct trade comparison on points

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Might seem overs, but this short-term investment seems worth the risk given that we are still in the premiership window. Picks 12 & 19 draftees for GWS are the same old. Just kids again.

Whoever they select with those picks will end up with us anyway hehe

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Bit more than Prestia. 6 for Prestia v 12/19 for Taranto = pick 4. Was taken at #2. It’s why the Hopper deal is going to be interesting in terms of what might come back our way.

If we’re talking about a direct trade comparison
seemingly not playing hard with the Taranto deal should hold us in good stead for the Hopper deal..
you'd imagine the relationship with GWS is on firm ground now

Reactions: 2 users