Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Tim Taranto

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Could be playing himself into the captaincy next season.

Would love to see him and Bakes as captain and vice captain next season

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Has the Volcano actually come out and made any further comment since he was desperately trying to justify his comments 2-3 weeks ago when a few of his fellow commentators did the old “what the?”. Or has he just gone to ground? I would have thought his 30 plus possessions and 4 goals (‘wooda been 5 if one hadn’t been just touched) against Port last week would have had him say something. Seriously, he is an utter fool at times.
As they say the ‘silence is deafening “.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Has the Volcano actually come out and made any further comment since he was desperately trying to justify his comments 2-3 weeks ago when a few of his fellow commentators did the old “what the?”. Or has he just gone to ground? I would have thought his 30 plus possessions and 4 goals (‘wooda been 5 if one hadn’t been just touched) against Port last week would have had him say something. Seriously, he is an utter fool at times.
At times?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
He's gone off Taz and made some other negative comment about Hopper the other day (obviously because he's injured)

This clown is a brick head and won't budge his opinion.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
He's gone off Taz and made some other negative comment about Hopper the other day (obviously because he's injured)

This clown is a brick head and won't budge his opinion.
Got that from his dad. His dad is and always has been similar here on radio in Adelaide. Once he makes a point refuses to budge despite any evidence to the contrary. Graham a nice bloke though but that trait of his irritates me.

Reactions: 3 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Got that from his dad. His dad is and always has been similar here on radio in Adelaide. Once he makes a point refuses to budge despite any evidence to the contrary. Graham a nice bloke though but that trait of his irritates me.
Ironic that Graham was squealing like a stuck pig about how Adelaide were getting a raw deal from the umpires about a month ago. Where was GC when Adelaide received the last 14 consecutive frees of the game against us at the Adelaide oval last year. 14…. In a row…. Last 14 frees of the game…. I actually forced myself to watch the replay after knowing we had lost, thinking I would have been less emotional. But. That would be a no. Remarkable performance by the umps, no doubt, influenced by the “positive affirmation” of the crowd at the time.

Would think if you gob off at the umpiring you would have a look at where your side sits on a normal week by week basis, or season by season. Things should level out a bit. Which is why I find it statistically weird we have been stone motherless last on the frees for/against for several seasons. Even when winning flags.

I really think that Kane hates us. I understand we were a poor side when he played, so he may tend to look down on us as a result, but he seems to go out of his way a tad. When we were winning flags, he was never comfortable in acknowledging that we were a champion team. It was a begrudging sort of acknowledgement. Very Damian Barrett like. In my opinion that is.

Last edited:

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Yes Taranto got a lot of possessions so why did GWS seem to get many more centre clearances in the last quarter? I haven't looked at the actual stats yet, just the impression I got watching the game.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yes Taranto got a lot of possessions so why did GWS seem to get many more centre clearances in the last quarter? I haven't looked at the actual stats yet, just the impression I got watching the game.
Without looking at the numbers, tigermike, I'd have guessed 19-2 at some stage in the last. Massacre. Fifteen n a row? Twenty?

Our defenders carried us for long periods. That was a leatherstorm.

Checking numbers...

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
GWS had 24 inside 50s in the last quarter, the most any team has had in a quarter this year.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I found 23-8 I50 late in the fourth. We'd rallied by then. Our final quarter was alarming. Credit to the defenders.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
5 centre clearances each in the last. GWS won total 4th 1/4 clearances 11-8. (those are based of individual stats.)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Ironic that Graham was squealing like a stuck pig about how Adelaide were getting a raw deal from the umpires about a month ago. Where was GC when Adelaide received the last 14 consecutive frees of the game against us at the Adelaide oval last year. 14…. In a row…. Last 14 frees of the game…. I actually forced myself to watch the replay after knowing we had lost, thinking I would have been less emotional. But. That would be a no. Remarkable performance by the umps, no doubt, influenced by the “positive affirmation” of the crowd at the time.

Would think if you gob off at the umpiring you would have a look at where your side sits on a normal week by week basis, or season by season. Things should level out a bit. Which is why I find it statistically weird we have been stone motherless last on the frees for/against for several seasons. Even when winning flags.

I really think that Kane hates us. I understand we were a poor side when he played, so he may tend to look down on us as a result, but he seems to go out of his way a tad. When we were winning flags, he was never comfortable in acknowledging that we were a champion team. It was a begrudging sort of acknowledgement. Very Damian Barrett like. In my opinion that is.
Graham has an inferiority complex and thinks the world is out to get South Australians. especially Victorians. He has an unhealthy belief Victorians are out to get South Australians at every possible opportunity. As a South Australian I do not agree with him, but I swear he lives by that mantra or at least his public media persona is that even if he doesn't believe it but I am sure he does. As I said my limited personal interactions with him he is a tremendous guy, just very opinionated and unwavering in the media.

Kane has always said he does hate Richmond, it stemmed from when we were crap and he always thought our players acted like idiots and carried on and got ahead of themselves when they had achieved nothing. He was quoted on the radio saying something similar to that around 2017. No doubt he is a Richmond hater and I think genuinely enjoys baiting us and our reaction to it.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Graham has an inferiority complex and thinks the world is out to get South Australians. especially Victorians. He has an unhealthy belief Victorians are out to get South Australians at every possible opportunity. As a South Australian I do not agree with him, but I swear he lives by that mantra or at least his public media persona is that even if he doesn't believe it but I am sure he does. As I said my limited personal interactions with him he is a tremendous guy, just very opinionated and unwavering in the media.

Kane has always said he does hate Richmond, it stemmed from when we were crap and he always thought our players acted like idiots and carried on and got ahead of themselves when they had achieved nothing. He was quoted on the radio saying something similar to that around 2017. No doubt he is a Richmond hater and I think genuinely enjoys baiting us and our reaction to it.
I lived in South Australia for 12 months....they have a complex against Victorians....its really weird.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Because he is only 1 player

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I lived in South Australia for 12 months....they have a complex against Victorians....its really weird.

Every state has a victorian complex, and yes it is really weird.

I thinks its because they only small but have the best footy, beer, wine, food, and music?