Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
His link up work getting better too.
He makes defenders make decisions: runs at them with the pill, if they come at him he finds the overlap handball, if they hesitate he runs rings around them. He's Ryan Giggs in Jake King's body.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Always gunna have a Georgie moment or two in games, but that's half his value. Just so unpredictable, takes everything on n throws defences off system.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
George looking in ominous form at business time.

laughed my head off out loud when he played on, stuffed it, and kicked the very difficult snap

is currently our only blue chip small forward.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I’m Georgie’s biggest fan, ( I even paid $6 bucks his badge yesterday)
But he needs to finish better. How many times he is in a position to goal and they end up as behinds.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought Georgie was important again, in very good form, however *smile* he makes way too many basic skill errors

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Talking to an Italian friend yesterday. Had my Georgie badge on. She said Castagna means walnut in Italian. Jase Walnut. You learn something new everyday.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought Georgie was important again, in very good form, however **** he makes way too many basic skill errors

He does but gee he's definitely picked up his game. Thought he was struggling big time for a few weeks 4 or 5 weeks back but last 3 or 4 has been much better. I hope he can maintain the consistency.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
He does but gee he's definitely picked up his game. Thought he was struggling big time for a few weeks 4 or 5 weeks back but last 3 or 4 has been much better. I hope he can maintain the consistency.
I reckon George is the most unique beast and I can totally understand his biggest fans and biggest critics, I think it comes down to if your half full glass of Georgie or a half empty glass of George. I garuntee if somebody watches Saturday’s game with an open mind you’ll find at least half a dozen poor errors from George, they will also find a stack of bloody good things he did, his my Jekyll and Hyde , love him but find his basic skill errors incredibly frustrating. It ain’t going to happen as the MC value his defensive pressure so highly and it’s proven how important it is, however I’d prefer to have Caddy in the forward 50 if it came to the crunch,. George will be there for a while yet I’d say.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Chestnut is old and outdated and cliche

Im identifying with Walnut

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Chestnut, Walnut, Peanut, whatever. I go Nuts when he farks things up n go Nuts when pullin them out of his date. Lucky for me I don't have an allergy or I'd cark it from a heart attack overdosing on Georgie Nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users