Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
hutstar said:
The undoubtedly objective RFC highlights package makes the kid look like the next Matty Knights; he has a killer sidestep. Unfortunately he also looks to have the kicking skills of Campbo - accurate but one flight, one speed and loopy. Still, I saw enough to think he will give some VFL guys the willies. Good luck to you son, these pretzels are making me thirsty.
...that was Kramer....

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Teckor said:
Actually, I just called the Richmond Football Club to congratulate them on the new recruits and they answered the phone "Vandelay Industries".

I called, got his answering machine message.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Rough diamond but in the rookie draft you aren't going to get many finished products that weren't already drafted from the TAC.

Brave, pace, competes takes the game on but lacks polish. That can improve. So was Matt White. Little bit of Jasper Pittard about him but not the kicking skills.

But nothing wrong with taking pace and flair and trying to install the basics.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This is from bound for glory news. They've certainly got some unusual spelling over there.
He defends what???

Jason Castagna

Position: Defender/midfielder
Height: 182 cm, Weight: 86 kg
Club: Northern Knights

A speedy midfielder-cum-defender who rarely drops a mark, Jason Castagna’s draft stocks were high before the National Draft. A switch to defence under David Flood at Vic Metro prove to be the tonic Castagna was after. It’s a position which has allowed him to use his run and carry off half back, while also highlighting his ability to read the play, his terrific marking capabilities and his desire to continuously break lines. Castagna operates at an impressive 73 per cent disposal efficiency, accentuating how damaging he can be by hand or foot. He makes good decisions when in possession, and beats his man in one-on-one duels regularly given his strength and size.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The_General said:
This is from bound for glory news. They've certainly got some unusual spelling over there.
He defends what???

Jason Castagna

A speedy midfielder-cum-defender who rarely drops a mark, Jason Castagna’s draft stocks were high before the National Draft. A switch to defence under David Flood at Vic Metro prove to be the tonic Castagna was after. It’s a position which has allowed him to use his run and carry off half back, while also highlighting his ability to read the play, his terrific marking capabilities and his desire to continuously break lines. Castagna operates at an impressive 73 per cent disposal efficiency, accentuating how damaging he can be by hand or foot. He makes good decisions when in possession, and beats his man in one-on-one duels regularly given his strength and size.

Simply not true. Don't expect a polished half back rebounder. Expect some hiccups to start when he has the ball. Even his own coaches acknowledge that in the media.

Not having a crack at you general in the slightest BTW.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
SCOOP said:
Simply not true. Don't expect a polished half back rebounder. Expect some hiccups to start when he has the ball. Even his own coaches acknowledge that in the media.

Hater

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
SCOOP said:

Not having a crack at you general in the slightest BTW.

No offence taken Scoop. I just did a copy and paste, mainly for the little typo in it. I read his profile in Inside footy, and they said his disposal lacked composure at times, and that he was a bit of headless chicken (common description). They also said he ran at Stawell as a 16 year old, which says to me he's not shy in putting himself out there.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
The_General said:
They've certainly got some unusual spelling over there.
He defends what??

A speedy midfielder-cum-defender..........

General it's the Queens English the use of the word "cum" in this context it's not a mistake.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
Midsy said:
Turnover merchant going by his highlighlights.

His erratic kick is over hyped. Goes ok and has a far more competent left slipper than a few of our higher drafted picks

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
The_General said:
He defends what???

Jason Castagna

A speedy midfielder-cum-defender ...
So he is the Master of his Domain?

I reckon his nickname should be Biff