Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Georgie now still plays exactly like he did as a junior. Something to be said for letting players play footy and enjoy themselves instead of all that constipated structured stuff.
Obvious watching Georgie playing juniors n now is that he's got a heap of footy bells n whistles, just lacks a little polish to the chrome bits, but he makes up for that with a bit of the unpredictable n mayhem.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Georgie now still plays exactly like he did as a junior. Something to be said for letting players play footy and enjoy themselves instead of all that constipated structured stuff.
Obvious watching Georgie playing juniors n now is that he's got a heap of footy bells n whistles, just lacks a little polish to the chrome bits, but he makes up for that with a bit of the unpredictable n mayhem.

yeah is strange in a good way how he hasn’t really changed - surprising though.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Thought Castagna was as inaccurate as Zips today.
Disposal and decision making very poor.

Indeed. Everything he did turned to shizen, except that arsey goal on the boundary. And one set shot? Everything else he killed stone-dead.

Having said that he's a lock for round 1 still. Probably kick 5.6.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
George Castange was a decimal point away from winning the Norm Smith.

The entire game plan is fashioned around him

thats the whole gag that the world dont, wont and cant ever get.

its way beyond any notion of footy genius.

Its a sophisticated mode of enlightenment.

it is so beautiful when I see its glimpses

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's got many strengths. Kicking remains a weakness.
Could be a brilliant player but isn't labelled such because his kicking, (especially for goal) can't be relied upon.
That said he's a two time premiership player & is definitely in my round 1 side.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Simply gotta take the good with the bad where Georgie's concerned. He's a chaos footballer n bloody unpredictable in a game that's become severely over structured.
His best is brilliant and his worst is doofus n we usually get to see a handful of each during a game, simply pure fun as a footballer.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He's got many strengths. Kicking remains a weakness.
Could be a brilliant player but isn't labelled such because his kicking, (especially for goal) can't be relied upon.
That said he's a two time premiership player & is definitely in my round 1 side.

It's not just kicking that's a weakness. It's decision making, handballing, footy IQ, vision and kicking that are weaknesses.

I've said it before, but I've never disliked a player so much that was so important to the way we play. He's been critical (pace/hunt/energy/covering ground) for a long time.

But I think we're in a place now we're we have a few more that can offer what he does, but can also actually play.

I also didn't say he won't be in the 22. I said he's not in my 22.

However, if we maintain a healthy list all year, I reckon he plays 10-12 games.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's not just kicking that's a weakness. It's decision making, handballing, footy IQ, vision and kicking that are weaknesses.

Remember when George was briefly dropped? Caracalla told him to go back and work on his unpredictability.

He missed the ball trying to handball it off both heels and was straight back in.

Until a side wakes up and coincides a coach and a half back flanker with quantum physics pHd's and a deep connection,

we'll just keep winning premierships

Try eating some magic mushrooms and watching a game and you'lle get it straight away

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
People who don't understand scratch their heads when they watch george. They also scratch their heads when Richmond win premierships.

Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

I've said it before, but I've never disliked a player so much that was so important to the way we play. He's been critical (pace/hunt/energy/covering ground) for a long time.

But I think we're in a place now we're we have a few more that can offer what he does, but can also actually play.

Who is that player?

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004

May not be popular but I like your post. He is important to the way we play, but also an incredibly frustrating player, because of his below par decision making and skills. I suppose we have to go with the coach embrace the imperfection. Personally I'd rather a skilled player that is also athletic and I reckon we have a few youngsters that will put pressure on his position in time (not yet necessarily). Butler and Ellis became expendable, Castagna could go the same way.