Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Triple premiership player is George.

Hasn't been dropped in 4 years but reckon he wouldn't get a game in any other side

explains why we are understood

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
George was incredible 2nd half, why he's best 22 all the time.
i love him and his tattoo machine!

Reactions: 1 user

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Taking the emotion out of it all together and looking at clinical list management, George should be considered for trade. He could probably earn more elsewhere (ala Ellis), and would get some interest (mainly thanks to the success of Butler at St Kilda). And if we are going to try give more game time to the next gen of kids, then I see George's role as one that could be used, with minimal downside in overall team performance. Nothing against George, happy for any triple premiership player to stay, but the club should be looking at the possibility in the interests of list management.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Triple premiership player is George.

Hasn't been dropped in 4 years but reckon he wouldn't get a game in any other side

explains why we are understood

If you think he isnt best 22 in the other 17 clubs your exactly like everyone else, you don't know the way we play is on the back of players like Castagna Rioli Edwards Lambert and bolton

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Taking the emotion out of it all together and looking at clinical list management, George should be considered for trade. He could probably earn more elsewhere (ala Ellis), and would get some interest (mainly thanks to the success of Butler at St Kilda). And if we are going to try give more game time to the next gen of kids, then I see George's role as one that could be used, with minimal downside in overall team performance. Nothing against George, happy for any triple premiership player to stay, but the club should be looking at the possibility in the interests of list management.

Go back to bed.
Its taken us 37 years to prefect this game plan, that has bamboozled the opppstion over the last 4 years and you want to trade away 80% of the KAO's away.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If you think he isnt best 22 in the other 17 clubs your exactly like everyone else, you don't know the way we play is on the back of players like Castagna Rioli Edwards Lambert and bolton
I do but other clubs wouldn't.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I do but other clubs wouldn't.
Not after Bulter this year.
Scott had kids that couldve gave them speed and unpredictablity but he chose to play this mark and kick game style that went out 6 years ago.
Player's like Rioli castagna and Lambert would be hot property.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Another Captain Chaos Classic!
Go you good thing.
He's quick like Shai.
Come to think of it would love to see a match race.
Chaos vs Shai vs Papenhuyzen.
He's the Melbourne Storrn Speed Machine.
When he goes on a run he puts his head down and just takes off.
He is super quick. Would be a great race.
Anyway, well done Chaos Man. No. 3 in the bag.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
There has to be some hard calls in list management this time and you can bet some we will not like

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Serious question which applies to Daniel and George. Can we continue as we have? Jack has been down on form this year and the goal contributions from Daniel and George have also been down - well down. But other than the run and chase which is very difficult to value won't we need more from our small forwards?

If we have to improve in 2021 to win the GF the forward line is the obvious candidate. Have George and Dan reached critical minimum contribution levels when you look at their performance over the full year?

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
When are they going to reward George and put him in the leadership group.
Outstanding in 2017
3rd best in 2019 GF.
Very good in 2020.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Serious question which applies to Daniel and George. Can we continue as we have? Jack has been down on form this year and the goal contributions from Daniel and George have also been down - well down. But other than the run and chase which is very difficult to value won't we need more from our small forwards?

If we have to improve in 2021 to win the GF the forward line is the obvious candidate. Have George and Dan reached critical minimum contribution levels when you look at their performance over the full year?
Been thinking about this.

To go to the next level I think we may need to find more goals from our small forwards.

IMO Baker or Short could provide more goals. Stack also. Aarts has shown he knows where the goals are.

But do we sacrifice what makes us an irresistible force if we replace george, rioli and lambert with more goal savvy small fwds?

It's why Butler couldn't get a game

an interesting question