Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another one for you Zipps.

Should he have stayed in the number 46?

Actually watching that set of highlights, he does get in some great positions to provide an option close to the goals and right in front. Even if the pass doesn't go to him that means you have opposition defenders having to go and chase him.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
OK. Maybe this needs a 3 part Amazon doco or something but can somebody please explain to me WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH HIS LEEEEGGGGSSSSSS!!!???

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Has to have the quickest first step in any direction going around, so ballistic , will always be my favourite worst best footballer I’ve seen

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Thought i heard somewhere he has his own tattoo gun and does the tatts himself

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Pretty sure George tattoos himself - and a few team mates have copped his skills as well ..

anyway, keep scribbling Jase. thought he was very good last night ..

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
George is too light a nickname. I'm gonna start calling him Nuts now for 2 main reasons. He plays and moves like a nutcase and his Italian surname means chestnuts.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
He's an enigma is our George. Totally lacking in class. Yet so quick, agile and strong. And bloody gets the results.
George is certainly unique and does have a lot of class in those attributes you mentioned, plus others. Apart from being super quick, agile and strong, I would add that he and Shai are so quick and agile that opponents crap themselves when they get the ball, wondering what they will do next, which way will they turn, how do I stop them getting a shot on goal? Their tackling pressure also has the same effect messing with the opposition's heads, causing rushed disposals. When you add Marlion and Daniel and Cotch last night, that defensive pressure has played a big role in our success over the past 4 years.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
He could kick 10 goals in a game if he got it all together. But he is more likely to have 10 shots on goal and kick 2, 5 points, 2 on the full and one not making the distance.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Has to have the quickest first step in any direction going around, so ballistic , will always be my favourite worst best footballer I’ve seen
Your a goose.
'Favourite worse'
If it wasn't for Castagna you would still waiting for the 40 year drought to break.
Whats Hardwick's go to?
KAO's thats what George Bulter Bolton Edwards Rioli have brought to the club.
Castagna will always be a great of the club. 3 time premiership player.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Love him. Opposition coaches worst nightmare. Does it all - yes he sometimes makes a mess of it - but still - not many players in the league cab contribute in all areas like he does.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
4 goals. He hasn't lost the speed.
Confidence is building.
Huge year for The C Train.
Should've had 4 in the first qtr. He could've single handily ended Buckley's career.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Love him. Opposition coaches worst nightmare. Does it all - yes he sometimes makes a mess of it - but still - not many players in the league cab contribute in all areas like he does.
He is everywhere.
Backline, on the wing, in the goal square.
Why don't they ever show a heat map what areas he gets to? The entire map would be Red.
He covers soo much ground and then he has enough in the tank to kick in the after burners.
When he took Maynard on, if that was at the G, George would've ran into the goal square. No space at Telstra dome.
Hardwick's easiest team selection each week.
Captain KAO's.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where are all the ball slappers who love Bagging Castagnfield?
Had him BOG on Friday night, a nice follow up to his runners up to the norm smith in 2019.
His confidence is building with every year. He knows he is one of the major reason we are so dominate.
Please pre order the 2021 highlight DVD early.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
George, George, George of Castagna strong as he can be.
George, George, George of Castagna watch out for that tree.

Gotta love the mini Cho man. Capable of doing just about anything on field, including the most outrageous flub n all at 100 miles an hour.

• Haha