Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
George is certainly unique and does have a lot of class in those attributes you mentioned, plus others. Apart from being super quick, agile and strong, I would add that he and Shai are so quick and agile that opponents crap themselves when they get the ball, wondering what they will do next, which way will they turn, how do I stop them getting a shot on goal? Their tackling pressure also has the same effect messing with the opposition's heads, causing rushed disposals. When you add Marlion and Daniel and Cotch last night, that defensive pressure has played a big role in our success over the past 4 years.
Well said , George ability to change direction on a dime , he honestly has no peer , Ive never seen anything like it , well done kid, he’s harnessed his strengths and making a fair fist of a career

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
His ball drop is appallingly inconsistent for an AFL player. To quote BT the motor mouth "I have never seen anything like it".

I watch a lot of the players' ball drops these days and am not surprised when they miss. Spinning the ball around, dropping it too high etc.

Look at Royce kick for goal - deliberate holding the ball still in a set position and a clean consistent ball drop.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I watch a lot of the players' ball drops these days and am not surprised when they miss. Spinning the ball around, dropping it too high etc.

Look at Royce kick for goal - deliberate holding the ball still in a set position and a clean consistent ball drop.

DS

Plugger was the same.

Ben Cousins was the king for mine though. His kicking style always looked a little awkward because he took such care in dropping it perfectly.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

DS
Should be the easiest part of the game, simple, structured set shot.
Watch players running around the field n they'll hit running team mates lace out on the tit, they'll dink kicks around corners n over opponents heads while they're being slung n scragged. Yet put them in front of a seven metre wide set of goal posts n the pill can end up anywhere.
Most important kick in the passage of play is the goal shot, yet most players have no routine or system for the shot n simply make things up as they go along just hack it n hope.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He’s our Harvey Dent, two game styles, one very good, one very bad.

But always very interesting. Totally unique, totally Richmond.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He’s our Harvey Dent, two game styles, one very good, one very bad.

But always very interesting. Totally unique, totally Richmond.
Be quite ffs.
If it wasn't for Castagna will be all still wondering when we would win our next flag.
5 years in the system, 3 flags.
Hall of fame quality.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Milestone game, Milestone Player.
Properly the best first 100 games by a Richmond player in our history.
Debut, Round 6- 2016
Finals 12 games
Premiership's 2017-2019-2020.
98 goals.
Rising star nominee 2017.
Hall of fame quality.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I always thought we picked up George as a forward, but he was played initially as a back in the seniors. Congrats on the 100, it’s been quite the journey.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m giving 3/1 on that Georgie trips over the banner , sits out the first quarter and comes on and kicks 4 goals 7 and 2 oof and still not get a Brownlow vote .

A truly outstanding achievement , not blessed with natural footballing ability, just a heap of courage and underrated athlete which ads up to been one of the most vital cogs at Punt rd..

Congratulations Jason.

Do we still have banners ?