Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Some level of thinking would be nice on the footy field. That kick of his would have been the worst place to put the ball.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I’m sitting here drowning my sorrows. No chance of sleep after that capitulation so the main thought that keeps running through my head is “what the *smile* was George thinking???”. What he did in that last few minutes when we were still in front was mind boggling. Even for George *smile* up levels it was bad. We just had to retain possession and try and get a decent shot at goal but he decides to do the worst thing you could possibly do. Kick it 30 metres straight to 2 unmarked Eagles players.

It was terrible but he’s not on his own. Our players have made some bizarre decisions this year. It’s almost like they want to increase the degree of difficulty in the game. It’s *smile* doing my head in.

I like George but he’s not my favourite player right now. He needs to start impacting games in a positive way and stop stuffing up offensively.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Blaming George is a cop out
Who spoiled a certain mark in WC forward line?
He kept on presenting to the ball in the last qtr?
He was busting his gut.
Flappers was worse
Pickett can't handball or kick
What was Rioli doing tonight?
Cotchin and Edwards had a RDO.
Martin and Bolton missed more opportunities.
On Tv Castagna and Lambert were the only 2 giving option in the last 5 minutes

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Blaming George is a cop out
Who spoiled a certain mark in WC forward line?
He kept on presenting to the ball in the last qtr?
He was busting his gut.
Flappers was worse
Pickett can't handball or kick
What was Rioli doing tonight?
Cotchin and Edwards had a RDO.
Martin and Bolton missed more opportunities.
On Tv Castagna and Lambert were the only 2 giving option in the last 5 minutes
Spot on the whole game you could raffle the school boy mistakes we did and I'm talking experienced heads to.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
George is at his best when he doesn’t have to think, when it is manic.
When he needs to think and execute skills he stuffs up too often, always has. It’s why we moved him away from the backline in the vfl before he made his way into the seniors.
The good has generally outweighed the bad in the past but not this year. A couple of decent games doesn’t cut it, he needs to play some vfl footy imo

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Had Reiwoldt kicked a dinky kick over the top in the 3rd, castagna runs into an open goal. Nope Jack tried to snag a banana from the 50 under pressure.
Had Castagna done a dinky kick to Aarts in the 4th same result, if bolton had of lowered his eyes 3 times and hit Castagna or aarts same result, if Martin had of lowered his eyes and gone to a couple of one on ones, who knows the result, if KMac had of disposed of the ball with a bit of skill on a few occasions same result.
We looked out of position all night entering the F50, just 15 meters off. It could have been that we had pushed up defensively too far, are still trying to get the CJ positioning right or that we were just a bit out on our legs at the end of each quarter.
Castagna was not our issue last night.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Had Reiwoldt kicked a dinky kick over the top in the 3rd, castagna runs into an open goal. Nope Jack tried to snag a banana from the 50 under pressure.
Had Castagna done a dinky kick to Aarts in the 4th same result, if bolton had of lowered his eyes 3 times and hit Castagna or aarts same result, if Martin had of lowered his eyes and gone to a couple of one on ones, who knows the result, if KMac had of disposed of the ball with a bit of skill on a few occasions same result.
We looked out of position all night entering the F50, just 15 meters off. It could have been that we had pushed up defensively too far, are still trying to get the CJ positioning right or that we were just a bit out on our legs at the end of each quarter.
Castagna was not our issue last night.
He wasn’t on his lonesome. But he contributed to it.
A “pressure forward” who doesn’t lay a single tackle, doesn’t have a single goal assist, has 3 turnovers from 10 disposals and a single 1%er. Someone will put in “pressure acts” whoopee do. He chased someone.
A kid in Auskick has a higher footy iq. It’s the only position he can play. Like a dog chasing a bike.

He‘s had one decent game in 8 weeks.
, Baker, Parker, Barney Rubble could all do more than him

• Haha

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
A

Ahh shut up
Martin fked up more.
Agree martin bolton and jacks shelfishness cost us the game
Boltons 2 1st quarter greedy snaps
Jr8 3rd quarter 50 m snap
Martin 2 last quarter brain fades
A worst left 2 goals on table but i feel 3 goals lost to selfishness
I would say dusty for the first in a long time played a stinker

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
at 1.40 to go, George could've gone the hand ball to the bloke on his right, CCJ? who was clear on goal ..

but there was plenty more 'wrong' stuff from us ..

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
How the *smile* does George constantly get gifted games?
I don’t give a *smile* how many “pressure acts “ he’s involved in I don’t see him laying tackles, locking ball in our forward line, shepherding, taking the game on or kicking goals Hes a total liability
Drop George As Its time to end the MRJ Farce