Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Has never had good skills. Our old game style helped his strengths. Rule changes have made his game defunct. Has to be a matter of time now.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Casper Castagna was brilliant.
Played like a true ghost.
Only sighted when the lights went off.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
13 disposals, around 70% game time.
4 score involvements.
Didn't score himself, but a third of his disposals came in the back half. Gotta wonder if his role has changed, if he's not hitting the scoreboard but staying in the team.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
4 score involvements.
Didn't score himself, but a third of his disposals came in the back half. Gotta wonder if his role has changed, if he's not hitting the scoreboard but staying in the team.
its all about pressure acts
Whatever that is George is right up there Some say hes #1 in the league

• Haha

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
4 score involvements.
Has averaged 4.1 score involvements this year, 3.4 in 2020, 6 in 2019. He was in much better form in 2019 though.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
its all about pressure acts
Whatever that is George is right up there Some say hes #1 in the league
No way. Midfielders generally get the most. I'd be surprised if Graham is not #1 as per Herald Sun . Last week Castagna had 9th most pressure acts for the Tigers for the game.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Seems half the team now want to play like George....chase tail most of the night and have little influence on offence. Hey, if it gets you a game every week, why not!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I reckon he'd also be number one for putting his teammates under pressure.
Yep. He has had some decent years for sure but his hand balling is diabolical. It’s like the ball slips off his hand when he hits it. Constantly misses targets these days by hand, handballs at players feet.
it drives me crazy

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Has their ever been a worse 3x Premiership player?
And I will add would he get a game with any other team in the comp. I honestly doubt it and just totally can't get my grip around why he continually gets run in AFL side. Massive DUD

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Since 2019 his numbers have diminished but not as much as you might think. He's struggling a bit no doubt but he's a role player. We have far greater problems than George.

Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
He lacks confidence it's as simple as that ,his work rate is still ok,but his disposal in general play is poor.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
George was custom-built for chaos footy. Chaos footy has been rendered impossible to execute. George's role is under review: does it even exist anymore?

Reactions: 2 users