Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Read it and think about it you faarrkwit. 3 times. Your a 3000 time *smile* poster.

Jazz - just use the ignore function.
I'm glad these days that I don't have to see what the peanut said - even though I know I'll agree with your responses.
But don't give him oxygen.

Reactions: 1 user
If he is not dropped for Friday night (and I doubt he will). he will never - EVER get dropped until a new coach one day arrives at Richmond

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Last time I checked ... you have to actually get the ball in order to kick goals ... which wins matches.

Hence my long-running skepticism (reduced to virtual silence) re players like Castagna and KMac who their defenders and spruikers argue ... but they run hard and apply pressure.
Both rarely ever obtain adequate possessions nor the precise disposal to be effective and damaging players IMO. This has become very transparent as other teams have worked out how to adopt key parts of our game-plan (Dimma even commented in his presser that GCS played like we used to) as well as counter our chaos football. Now, defences don't allow themselves to be dragged out of position so easily, so bombing it i50 usually leads to an intercept mark or turnover.

Hate the new rules all you want, but it's led to a premium being placed on players with sharp kicking skills and clever users. Some of our players have been acutely exposed.

Reactions: 3 users
Only if he never catches them before they dispose of the ball.

He doesn’t even have to touch them, just pressure them into rushing their kick.

Win it back in the forward half and it’s the most dangerous situation possible - a forward 50 kick when the opposition isn’t able to defend.

I don’t think slow, methodical chain footy would suit his strengths and weaknesses, so hopefully we get back to playing a faster, more unpredictable, high pressure game plan that forces more turnovers ASAP.

We should be more concerned about having no forward half turnovers in the first half last week.

He doesn’t even have to touch them, just pressure them into rushing their kick.

Win it back in the forward half and it’s the most dangerous situation possible - a forward 50 kick when the opposition isn’t able to defend.

I don’t think slow, methodical chain footy would suit his strengths and weaknesses, so hopefully we get back to playing a faster, more unpredictable, high pressure game plan that forces more turnovers ASAP.

We should be more concerned about having no forward half turnovers in the first half last week.
Given how many tackles he’s had, he’s not catching many.
So he hasn’t been winning it. He’s sadly out of form and touch. Even when he did get the ball on the odd occasion his decision making left a lot to be desired.

How many have we had for the past 4 or 5 games I wonder?

George should be the one sent to VFL to reinvent himself as a half back
Not D Rioli who isnt given the same opportunity as George who’s gifted games in the forward line

Last time I checked ... you have to actually get the ball in order to kick goals ... which wins matches.

Hence my long-running skepticism (reduced to virtual silence) re players like Castagna and KMac who their defenders and spruikers argue ... but they run hard and apply pressure.
Both rarely ever obtain adequate possessions nor the precise disposal to be effective and damaging players IMO. This has become very transparent as other teams have worked out how to adopt key parts of our game-plan (Dimma even commented in his presser that GCS played like we used to) as well as counter our chaos football. Now, defences don't allow themselves to be dragged out of position so easily, so bombing it i50 usually leads to an intercept mark or turnover.

Hate the new rules all you want, but it's led to a premium being placed on players with sharp kicking skills and clever users. Some of our players have been acutely exposed.
Add to that our most precise foot user is having a shocker of a season. Shorty couldn't hit the side of a barn for most of the season.

Reactions: 2 users