Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Players should be held accountable for lack of form and impact. George has had a terrible season yet has not missed a game. He is giving us very little. Who else can we try in his role?

Reactions: 1 users
Castagna fitted our 2017-2020 game plan perfectly, fit, manic in applying tackles and pressure, could take the odd mark from a turnover in midfield, kicked a few goals, covers the ground.

It's not his fault we are where we are but he doesn't seem to have the tricks to adapt to wherever it is we have to go from here.
Played out of position, his downward trajectory, coincided with his move down behind the ball, yes?

As others said we had the perfect game plan that utilised his limited skill set. He is a favourite of Dimmas though so cant see him going anywhere unfortunately. The perfect trade type though. Surely Carlton would be interested.

Played out of position, his downward trajectory, coincided with his move down behind the ball, yes?

That may be true, I so rarely notice him now it's hard to tell. I think we started this season in our regular formation but form and injury screwed that pretty quick.

I still don't see that he's got the disposal skills to adapt.

Players should be held accountable for lack of form and impact. George has had a terrible season yet has not missed a game. He is giving us very little. Who else can we try in his role?
Parker Ralphsmith DRioli MRJ Take a pick

For a player who is in his prime - 24 year old and 113 games he hasn’t stepped up this year.

You can’t expect our first and second year players … Dow, RCD, Mansell, Stack, Naish etc to step up, you expect players of George’s profile to start contributing strongly and to help win games for us - his 1 goal, 11 disposals and 2 tackles is woeful, just woeful.

He is one of the reasons that we have fallen of the cliff - our older players Cotch etc are struggling, with so many players injured we need the George’s to step up, trouble is he looks burnt out himself.

Reactions: 4 users
The only Tiger to not register a contested possession (next lowest 3). That is unfathomable for a small forward. Just totally out of sorts and not up to it. Time to give Parker a go. Couldn't possibly do worse as at least he has mongrel in him.

Reactions: 4 users
Im not sure what his role is anymore. He was serviceable as a high pressure small forward when he was kicking goals but now he is a liability. Would like to see Ross or someone like Cumberland or Dow get a regular gig in his place.

Reactions: 1 user
Really is time for Castagna to have a long rest in the ressies.
Gotta play someone who might be part of the future in his spot

At some point we need to try a different look. It's not working for him.
Its not working for anyone. Just continuing to play him for little to no result is pointless. This has been going on all year. Mix it up. Give someone else a chance in his role - even if its a new one for them. Anything !

Reactions: 2 users
Its not working for anyone. Just continuing to play him for little to no result is pointless. This has been going on all year. Mix it up. Give someone else a chance in his role - even if its a new one for them. Anything !
What’s that old saying about stupidity?
Keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. (Or something like that)

What is his position?
Exactly how has his role changed? Even last year you’d see him down at half back. I’d say it was to prove another outlet option and to run and carry to our forward half. You can still see him doing that.

The problem is, he’s usually see ball, get ball. He’s reactive. Even to the extent that he spoils a teammate in a better position. He’s poor at reading the play and his disposal to a teammate is usually so pisspoor it would make an U/14 player blush. Too many poor kicks, too many handballs at the feet or behind a running player.
He’s supposed to play “tall” but how many contested marks has taken for the season? ONE. How many teammates marks has he spoiled?
He’s had 1 x centre clearance and 5 x stoppage clearances for the year. 9 x 1 %ers. 2 x bounces.13 x I50 tackles for the year.
Add that to his lack of footy IQ. I’m sure someone else could fill the role

Reactions: 6 users
Im not sure what his role is anymore. He was serviceable as a high pressure small forward when he was kicking goals but now he is a liability. Would like to see Ross or someone like Cumberland or Dow get a regular gig in his place.

He can kick points as far as I'm concerned, still means the ball is not going back the other way.

At the moment he seems to be having very little impact and clearly not deserving of his place in the side.

DS

Most selfish game I've seen him play. He was atrocious. I'd be staggered if he's in the side next week. Very un-Richmond like game

If we lost, those two gimme Joe the Goose goals he absolutely burned would have stung. Confidence looks to be at an all time low.

How and why does he stay in?
one of the worlds greatest mysteries