Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
George really, really worries me. For some years I've been having a recurring nightmare that he has to kick after the siren from about 30 out on a 45 dgree angle for us to win the Preliminary Final. However, I always wake up just as he kicks the ball....so I never actually know whether he slots it or not. Drives me crazy! Not making this up and hope that it never becomes a reality. In terms of skill execution, he'd have to be pretty close to the most unreliable player on our list.
I am with you yet when we are in a critical point in a must win match and George has a to kick a goal. I sort of cringe and watch through my fingers and he invariably slots it cleanly. Remember the 2017 final when George had that shot? That was the time I knew we had won the GF

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
When George lines up for goal I just expect him to miss. It’s a coping mechanism to stop me throwing the remote through the TV.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Why is Tom Papley trolling George?
Tom said why isn’t anyone got Castagna as Brownlow favourite

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
It's hard to blame one bloke for a team that has played poorly most of the year but George had three 'moments' where the right decision could have won us the game and fluffed his lines every time. Port where his eagerness to get to the ball as usual betrays the fact that he had no idea once he got there. Ergo he runs over a ball which actually stops dead in the goal square and Gray handballs through Loss 1.

West Coast inside last two minutes when we are ahead collects at half forward from a clever Dusty kick has 3 free Richmond players running down right half forward with only goals in sight. Runs on to his non preferred foot and snaps. Intercept, rebound, goal to West Coast Loss 2.

Collingwood. Last quarter. We are just in front or just behind . Castagna free ball on rebound running about 25 metres outside 50 Lynch 30 metres clear in front of Collingwood's last defender running into goal. Castagna kicks to Riewoldt on the Boundary. No goal. Richmond lose by 5.

After Castagna burnt Jack Brisbane got the next two. Had they snagged the win I would have been obliged to get a Georgie Voodoo doll and extra heavy duty pins.

I don't think we could ever afford him but we were so good we could carry him. The change in the rules amongst other things means we cannot carry him any longer.

Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
You know the funny thing is that Castagna often pauses raises his head sees the obvious option and then completely ignores it.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
It would be good if had either composure or skill. I really don't know how you can play the game as a small forward with neither.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I'd really like to be in on a review session for his game just to get an idea of how he comes to the decisions he does.

Darth Tiger

The Sash is Back
Nov 24, 2004
Victoria
Serious tongue-in-cheek question, is Castagna the;
Arsonist of Achievemephobia ?
the Anti-Goalst ?
or perhaps the Butcher of Bulleen ?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's hard to blame one bloke for a team that has played poorly most of the year but George had three 'moments' where the right decision could have won us the game and fluffed his lines every time. Port where his eagerness to get to the ball as usual betrays the fact that he had no idea once he got there. Ergo he runs over a ball which actually stops dead in the goal square and Gray handballs through Loss 1.

West Coast inside last two minutes when we are ahead collects at half forward from a clever Dusty kick has 3 free Richmond players running down right half forward with only goals in sight. Runs on to his non preferred foot and snaps. Intercept, rebound, goal to West Coast Loss 2.

Collingwood. Last quarter. We are just in front or just behind . Castagna free ball on rebound running about 25 metres outside 50 Lynch 30 metres clear in front of Collingwood's last defender running into goal. Castagna kicks to Riewoldt on the Boundary. No goal. Richmond lose by 5.

After Castagna burnt Jack Brisbane got the next two. Had they snagged the win I would have been obliged to get a Georgie Voodoo doll and extra heavy duty pins.

I don't think we could ever afford him but we were so good we could carry him. The change in the rules amongst other things means we cannot carry him any longer.
Agree on Port and Eagles games. We should have won both and would now be sitting pretty well inside the 8. Top 4 would still be a chance and we'd be just about guaranteed a home final in first week. George's errors played a big part in us not winning either game. But the Scum beat us by 3 goals and we could hardly move in the last quarter; we were gone in that game.

But I was seriously annoyed with George after he missed that goal in the last quarter against the Lions. That was a soda. He either just has to kick it or give it off to Jack 20m out dead in front. Of course George did neither and blew the chance to kill the game. As you say the Lions kicked the next 2 and we looked shaky but thankfully Jack G nailed a great goal to steady the ship.

I appreciate the role George has played in our 3 flags and he fully deserves his medals. But I can't have him in the side right now. He's just too error prone and kills our momentum.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Re Castagna:

My Answer: I just cant work it out, doesn't make any sense and I would love someone to explain it to me.

What is the question?:

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Only Tiger today without a single tackle.
Can someone please remind me what position he’s playing?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah I've had enough. I'm actually a bit angry that Dimma keeps playing a bloke that is so obviously miles and miles out of form. George has done nothing all year but Dimma keeps picking him. On the rare occasion he gets the ball he *smile* it up and he's not evening applying the trademark forward pressure.

FFS do something Hardwick!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Trade. Trade. Trade.
No one would want him on this year's form and they'd be asking serious questions about his ability to capture his form from 2017-2020. It seems quite obvious he had major part to play in a football system that now appears dead and buried and can't adapt.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I would have Caddy in every day of the year, and twice in September over this guy.

I know it doesn't fit our system.

But our system doesn't fit the new rules. Something's gotta give.