Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Yeah, you’re all correct - he isn’t Nathan G. Brown.

But he does have elite pace, evasiveness, endurance, intensity, leap, and commitment.

I’m sure Dimma will continue to innovate by utilising the strengths of players like George for the modern game. Bottoming out to draft 10 Nathan G. Browns to become the next GWS isn’t desirable.
That’s all well and good, but if you’re not getting near the ball it counts for a big fat zero.
Add to that, he’s a reactor, see ball get ball. Stuffs any structure a team works to (if we have one)

Zero football nous, reactive, not constructive. Often competes against the tall forwards instead of being front & centre. Flies for a near speccie, turns side on to chest mark and drops it. Then isn’t in a position to hold the ball in. Momentum killer.

Among the most poor disposal exponents I’ve ever seen. Too often mis kicks, handballs behind, or at the feet of teammates. poor/inconsistent/ low confidence set shot. And so on. Momentum killer

Oh but he brings chaos so we love him. yep, can’t play to a structure. Run george run. He brings pressure, except he doesn’t, averages 2.1 tackles, 0.6 1%ers a game. Poor return for a pressure forward.

He runs fast and often (most times where the ball ain’t) so does a dog chasing cars with the same result. Momentum killer.
Mind you he does pull out the above average game where he kicks goals out of his arse, but they’re the outlier. A bit like Chol, who gets critiqued unmercifully for it. But George has endeavour, I’ll certainly give him that.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
That’s all well and good, but if you’re not getting near the ball it counts for a big fat zero.
Add to that, he’s a reactor, see ball get ball. Stuffs any structure a team works to (if we have one)

Zero football nous, reactive, not constructive. Often competes against the tall forwards instead of being front & centre. Flies for a near speccie, turns side on to chest mark and drops it. Then isn’t in a position to hold the ball in. Momentum killer.

Among the most poor disposal exponents I’ve ever seen. Too often mis kicks, handballs behind, or at the feet of teammates. poor/inconsistent/ low confidence set shot. And so on. Momentum killer

Oh but he brings chaos so we love him. yep, can’t play to a structure. Run george run. He brings pressure, except he doesn’t, averages 2.1 tackles, 0.6 1%ers a game. Poor return for a pressure forward.

He runs fast and often (most times where the ball ain’t) so does a dog chasing cars with the same result. Momentum killer.
Mind you he does pull out the above average game where he kicks goals out of his arse, but they’re the outlier. A bit like Chol, who gets critiqued unmercifully for it. But George has endeavour, I’ll certainly give him that.
The difference between George and Chol is 'endevour'

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Wanted George dropped but can understand why he wasn't. Jack mentioned we want to play our brand. Dimma has realised that the only way we can win it is if we go full throttle chaos.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I have read this 3 times... I can't work out what you're trying to say...
Really is that hard ?. Let me simplify it for you if we want to push for another flag or the regeneration of our squad they need replacing they will not take us further .

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Wanted George dropped but can understand why he wasn't. Jack mentioned we want to play our brand. Dimma has realised that the only way we can win it is if we go full throttle chaos.
Maybe George is the mastermind of our game plan?
Just putting that idea out there.