Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Is it just me or does other see a similarity to heritier Lamumba in his playing style

But do agree with the headless chook comment and will leave alot of people with their hearts in their mouths

decision making and disposal does leave alot to be desired tbh.

I would of rather Nick Mellington at this pick

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
SCOOP said:
Simply not true. Don't expect a polished half back rebounder. Expect some hiccups to start when he has the ball. Even his own coaches acknowledge that in the media.

Not having a crack at you general in the slightest BTW.
Remember what Rance was like? Exactly like that - headless chook personified.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Don't ya reckon Robbie Noass was the ultimate headless chook. How many circles and dead ends did he run into?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
turk-d-tiger said:
Is it just me or does other see a similarity to heritier Lamumba in his playing style

But do agree with the headless chook comment and will leave alot of people with their hearts in their mouths

decision making and disposal does leave alot to be desired tbh.

Isn't that why he's a rookie? If he didn't have flaws surely he would have been picked up in the ND? Every rookie has greater flaws than those on the main list, but that's why the rookie list is there, to have a bit of a punt on someone who could be a good AFL player. It allows you to have a look without committing too much.

I have much more faith in our rookies becoming AFL players than what we had last year.

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
turk-d-tiger said:

Which club was Mellington taken by? Just so I can keep an eye on his progress next year and compare it with Jason's.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
skybeau said:
Which club was Mellington taken by? Just so I can keep an eye on his progress next year and compare it with Jason's.
Mellington wasn't drafted .....I think.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
tigertim said:
Mellington wasn't drafted .....I think.

I thought I was detecting sarcasm in the previous post. I think you're right.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The Mole said:
Remember what Rance was like? Exactly like that - headless chook personified.
Simply took a little polishing for the chook to get all shiny bright n wonderful.
Thing I did like about young Castagna was that he was fairly good at running himself out of the trouble he'd just run himself into, if you get my meaning.
Kid's a rookie so he'll have plenty of flaws to work on for a couple of years, but if he polishes some shine onto his step n run, damn he could be fun to watch.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
This guy is my favorite of all the new recruits. Has the pace to be a real weapon out of defense which we desperately need.

Good luck Jason!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
skybeau said:

Barlow wasnt drafted 1st time around either !

Lambert has had 6 goes at it

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
He drilled a lovely pass into the same pocket everyone else was dying in.

Signs.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Was ok, great attack on the ball. Runs hard to create from the back half.

Not polished but signs.