Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Got a bit of shock when I popped on the Belgium v Canada game just now.
Commentator suddenly mentioned a Castagne playing for Belgium.
Tim Castagne. Different spelling.
You hear the name and look up at the tv to see a guy in a red and black shirt.
Seems to have good ball control this version.
I am too easily amused.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Retired. Truly a unique career. Got everything out of himself. Three flags, over a hundred games, goal a game.

History will look back at him much more fondly than we did in the present. Great Richmond man, played his role.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Retired. Truly a unique career. Got everything out of himself. Three flags, over a hundred games, goal a game.

History will look back at him much more fondly tan we did in the present. Great Richmond man, played his role.
Just saw it. Must be something behind it to retire at 26 ?

Whatever is said about George the fact is he is a 3 time premiership player and club life member.

Thanks George !!

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Thanks Georgie

As Scoop said, a truly unique career & player, got the most out of himself & provided us with great entertainment both good & bad :)

Selfless act that says something about him & indeed our great club

Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Now that one's a shock.

Thankyou George, a big part in the 3 premierships. Whilst people may have questioned his skill at times, 1 thing that never waivered was his effort and for that I'd never bag him.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks Georgie

As Scoop said, a truly unique career & player, got the most out of himself & provided us with great entertainment both good & bad :)

Selfless act that says something about him & indeed our great club
His 2019 finals series undoubtedly the highlight of his career. Really showed off his aerial ability highlighted why he was in our best 22 in a successful era

Opens up a good opportunity to a Judson Clarke etc.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Well done George. Good luck with what’s next.

Bet ya Q Narkle is spewing.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Sad Happy Hour GIF

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Congratulations to George. Got the most out of himself and will go down as bloke who was able to hold a spot in the team when we were at our best.

Has recently been married. And has a family business to work for if he chooses. So he has a lot to look forward to.

Well done George.

Reactions: 1 users

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
The epitomy of chaos ball.
3 more premierships than me.
Played the last 3 years like he was working on the Pensky file.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
George, Butler and Dan changed the way forwards played the game. They were great to watch when in full flight.

Triple Premiership player retired at 26. Young enough to decide what career to take up and start a new chapter. Can't think of many 26yo triple Premiership players who have retired on their own Accord.

Thanks for the memories and the laughs George. You'll forever be a Tiger.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Sorry to see you go George. Always loved your work and if not for some wayward goal kicking, your 2019 GF performance would have been one for the ages.

Have noted a couple of times in the last 18 months that George appears to have lost a fair bit of his pace and athleticism. He was always in for a fight this year to retain his spot on the list let alone be best 22. Maybe he saw this too and decided he’d had enough.

Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
This is where the rules are poor,if he went long term injury list via mental health, we probably could replace him,had to be a consideration.