Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He’s our Harvey Dent, two game styles, one very good, one very bad.

But always very interesting. Totally unique, totally Richmond.
Be quite ffs.
If it wasn't for Castagna will be all still wondering when we would win our next flag.
5 years in the system, 3 flags.
Hall of fame quality.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Milestone game, Milestone Player.
Properly the best first 100 games by a Richmond player in our history.
Debut, Round 6- 2016
Finals 12 games
Premiership's 2017-2019-2020.
98 goals.
Rising star nominee 2017.
Hall of fame quality.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I always thought we picked up George as a forward, but he was played initially as a back in the seniors. Congrats on the 100, it’s been quite the journey.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m giving 3/1 on that Georgie trips over the banner , sits out the first quarter and comes on and kicks 4 goals 7 and 2 oof and still not get a Brownlow vote .

A truly outstanding achievement , not blessed with natural footballing ability, just a heap of courage and underrated athlete which ads up to been one of the most vital cogs at Punt rd..

Congratulations Jason.

Do we still have banners ?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Go George! Congratulations. May the next 100 be just as entertaining.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He can be frustrating, he is certainly unpredictable, but he adds so much to our team.

Castagna misses a fair few goals, but he does kick them when we need them.

But what I always say to anyone who thinks he isn't a very good player is: if you were the opposing coach or player, how would you play on Castagna to nullify his influence? It would be so hard to march up on Castagna because he is so unpredictable, he's fast and he's very strong. Makes life hell for the opposition, which is always good for us.

Congrats on 100 games, and 3 flags, wow that is amazing.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Was one of our best. Probably raffle the top votes between him and Lynch. Work rate outstanding.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
one of very few winners today.

well done George.