Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
He's been very good this year.

I've been really impressed with him forcing himself to have composure .

He's starting to realise that if you're super quick with a lethal sidestep and acceleration, that means you actually have more time to make a decision, not less.

Also starting to really work his routine in front of goal.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He can be pretty reliable for a pressure/clutch set shot a la gf helicopter I recon

I was at the ground ( v StKilda Rd 5) and talking to my daughter about shots for goal.

Her theory is Jack (Reiwoldt that is) always misses his first.

My theory is Castagna might kick wobbly but he kicks them when we need them. Late in the game, we're miles ahead, set shot for George, not far out, no big angle, we don't really need it . . . George hits the post! Just like the 2019 GF, we're miles ahead he sprays them everywhere. 2019 PF, last quarter, we're ahead but Geelong are still close enough . . . he nails it with a wobbly kick.

Gotta love Castagna, but gee he can spray them when we're ahead.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I reckon George has lifted his rating a bit this year. I dont know the stats though. Only based around how many times Ive said "He'll miss it" this year and its gone through.
My Riewoldt theory has always been if he starts badly he's generally in for a shocker.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon George has lifted his rating a bit this year. I dont know the stats though. Only based around how many times Ive said "He'll miss it" this year and its gone through.
My Riewoldt theory has always been if he starts badly he's generally in for a shocker.

He's in career best kicking form at the moment, both in terms of number of shots at goal and also his conversion.

1618716459640.png

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He is improving the set shots. Before slamming that one into the post on Thursday I think he’d only missed one for the season.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I'm amazed by the negativity......

Its clear that this guy is integral to our success (and he's playing well!!!)

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Playing well is George , proud of him, who would have thought in 2017 that of our small forwards that George would be head and shoulders our best with butler battling away at the saints

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He has kicked them when we need them most in big games.
Anywhere within snapping distance he is as good as anyone in the game. (Other than dusty)

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He's in career best kicking form at the moment, both in terms of number of shots at goal and also his conversion.

View attachment 11942
Interesting stats, thanks for the xl spready.
I wouldnt have said that he is playing better or being as damaging around goals.
which says a lot about our expectations and how we are going this year.
And says heaps about what i know about footy

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Interesting stats, thanks for the xl spready.
I wouldnt have said that he is playing better or being as damaging around goals.
which says a lot about our expectations and how we are going this year.
And says heaps about what i know about footy
His confidence is through the roof.
He knows he is in the first 5 selected every week and his game has improved.
That shake and bake and the nitro runs he does breaks open the game.
Should've kicked 2 more goals this year. The one off the ground and the simple set shot against stkilda.
Keep it going Speedy

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is another game we win, it will be pushed on the back burner by mondey morning.
If we beat them by only a goal, they will pulling themselves off that they got that close and if they do beat us, good help us.
Regardless of the results this weekend. Freo has more chance winning the flag then Melbourne and Footscary.
Neither we make the GF.
Book it in.
Melbourne won't and wouldn't know how to win a flag.
Dumbest club alongside Stkilda, Carlton and Collingwood.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
This is another game we win, it will be pushed on the back burner by mondey morning.
If we beat them by only a goal, they will pulling themselves off that they got that close and if they do beat us, good help us.
Regardless of the results this weekend. Freo has more chance winning the flag then Melbourne and Footscary.
Neither we make the GF.
Book it in.
Melbourne won't and wouldn't know how to win a flag.
Dumbest club alongside Stkilda, Carlton and Collingwood.

We are on a hiding to nothing most games these days. Win and it was expected etc and lose and it’s the end of the era/champs have fallen etc

Each game we play is a mini grand final for the other side in the way it’s built up.

It’s tough at the top!

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We are on a hiding to nothing most games these days. Win and it was expected etc and lose and it’s the end of the era/champs have fallen etc

Each game we play is a mini grand final for the other side in the way it’s built up.

It’s tough at the top!

All true, but it sure is a nice place to be.

DS

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
He along with Rioli has continued his rubbish form from last year. Was lucky to stay in the side all year and has been more of the same this year. Needs to be replaced ASAP. Problem is hes one of Dimmas favs