Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We out Dodoro'd, Dodoro.

Welcome Tylar

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
only started playing footy in 2019, so 4 years & 1 of those was a complete write off & another the VFL only played 10 games

Huuuuge upside for a bloke who is 24

Reactions: 13 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
only started playing footy in 2019, so 4 years & 1 of those was a complete write off & another the VFL only played 10 games

Huuuuge upside for a bloke who is 24
At 24 he doesn’t really have time to develop. Needs to start contributing straight away. It’s harsh but it’s the reality of his situation.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
At 24 he doesn’t really have time to develop. Needs to start contributing straight away. It’s harsh but it’s the reality of his situation.
Not really, in reality he should struggle to play AFL in 2023 as he's behind Tarrant, Gibby, Noah, Dylan, Miller and Vlas in our back line. With Tarrant more than likely not going on in 2024 it allows Tylar another season of development.

Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Happy to see players given opportunities from our VFL program.
Nice strong mits. Looks a bit old school robotic in his movement but so was 3 x Premiership player DTLD.
Good luck Tylar.

Reactions: 8 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Any bloke that once had jumper number 75 and made an AFL list deserves everything they get !

Moves like a cross of Garthwaite and Balta.

Reactions: 2 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
He's coming from a long way back but is expected at a rookie pick. I believe it mentioned that he is only new to football and played Soccer until his late teens. So some growth possible.

I guess the club had a better idea of what he could do as opposed to the speculative talls available at our picks

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Good strong mark. Seems a decent kick.

I'm only half joking, but maybe we took him now, as we think he'll improve next year too, and don't want an Essendon taking him from under our nose again.

Get him on the list a year before we really want him at AFL level, to ensure we keep him. In this year's draft, it seems like we could afford that type of approach.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Very pleasant surprise to log and see that the Tigers rewarded this lad with a rookie spot a perfect choice a tall developing Key defender.

Showed a fair bit last year at times.

I assume that he was likely always going to be rookied as long as no one else (Essington took him) hence they kept away from KPD in the draft as they already had seen enough of the young fella to take him as a known quantity as opposed to an unknown.

Good pick this one ! Congrats lad.

Makes me even more sus that the RFC is eyeing a player already at another club as a Key Forward as they didn't dip into the pool of tall Forwards on offer either for the past 2 days.

Biggie's just been served notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I was impressed with him all year, and thought someone would pick him up.

Glad it was us.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users