Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yes he did struggle, 48 clearances to 25, will do that to a young defender.
Grimes coming back in (hopefully) will help him, I hope he keeps his spot, he deserves another chance.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, his form has dropped off, but we need to persist, he has shown he can be decent at this level. In any case, judging defenders when the opposition are getting clean clearances out of the middle is silly. Unless we can at least pressure the opposition centres the defenders are on a hiding to nothing.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Yeah, his form has dropped off, but we need to persist, he has shown he can be decent at this level. In any case, judging defenders when the opposition are getting clean clearances out of the middle is silly. Unless we can at least pressure the opposition centres the defenders are on a hiding to nothing.

DS
How do you feel about trying Young forward and Kosi back?

Last edited:

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Kosi back might work, but I can't really see Young forward. But, you never know until you try, we don't have much to lose at the moment.

DS
The other problem (if we want to try this) is we’ll probably have to experiment at AFL level at some stage which isn’t ideal.

Unless Yze wants to go with an undersized defence via an ageing Grimes. Maybe Kosi goes back and Young goes to VFL to trial as a forward.

Eric

Tiger Rookie
May 1, 2005
The other problem (if we want to try this) is we’ll probably have to experiment at AFL level at some stage which isn’t ideal.

Unless Yze wants to go with an undersized defence via an ageing Grimes. Maybe Kosi goes back and Young goes to VFL to trial as a forward.

Grimes back, Ryan forward. Drop both Kosi and Young

Reactions: 1 users

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
How do you feel about trying Young forward and Kosi back?

I am 100% in the train Kosi up to be a key defender camp bc I've seen enough to know that he won't make it as a key forward. He tries hard, gets hands to the ball often but cannot take a grab. I'd put him in the reserves and train him as a key defender for a month and see what happens.

Young as a fwd I just dont see it, but not adverse to trying things, again would need to be in the vfl. Drop him for grimes and play him fwd for a month and see if he shows anything