Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Played a really solid game and definitely a great find for the year. But… needs to work on being able to take an intercept mark or two and not just hell bent on punching the ball. Also needs to get more creative in chains of play.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
If he’d been playing since he was 12 I’d be bit meh about Young, however going Ok for the lack of footy he’s played , jury is out for me , will adjourn until next August

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Handy player on the list. He will take up minimal salary cap and be handy as the third tall defender / backup
Will develop into a very handy player.

Starting out like Grimes and Broad did as a stopper first and foremost everything else second.

Hes got the size and the agility and the speed, and can take a mark.

Persist will likely become the 3rd of our 3 talls in defence going forward with Balta and Gibbus.

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Will develop into a very handy player.

Starting out like Grimes and Broad did as a stopper first and foremost everything else second.

Hes got the size and the agility and the speed, and can take a mark.

Persist will likely become the 3rd of our 3 talls in defence going forward with Balta and Gibbus.
Just needs to get experience in the game and up his skill level a bit and he will be more than OK for us

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not as slow as Garthy.
Down the line Young DTLY
Just a mongrel kick.
Id be surprised if he is best 22 in 25. Prrhaps is a solid backup

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I’d like to see him back himself to take more defensive marks. That’ll determine whether he’ll be a long term option or not. He is 24, so he’s come to this late.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
In training he has been doing the length of the ground runs and then drilling long accurate passes. in games they keep him to the "fundamentals" and early on in the season he had one of the best 1 on 1 % wins in the league. They let him off the chain in the first in yesterday's game and one good run and beautiful kick. So he showed he can play the surge game. We put that cue in the rack at quarter time as their rebound off half back hurt us. Both teams played a spare behind the ball.

Young can play a more expansive role, just being told to limit that and let Nathan, Dan and Liam do that stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thought Young was very solid , nice step
Yep. Learning the game still so playing mostly the negating defender role, but still does some nice little bits n pieces as well. Plays bloody composed down back ( even when he flubs one ) and that's a premium trait so early into his career.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep. Learning the game still so playing mostly the negating defender role, but still does some nice little bits n pieces as well. Plays bloody composed down back ( even when he flubs one ) and that's a premium trait so early into his career.
Well pointed out Masso.

Young is in the baby defender stage where it is halve your contests and spoil. when you get it give it to someone else.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Pretty solid today. He's stopped going across goal which I'm happy about. Man's gotta know his limitations

DTLT