Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I keep an eye on RFC VFL to AFL, not certain if I have missed anyone

Tyrone DownieGCS
Kayle KirbyCollingwood
Josh DunkleyWestern Bulldogs
Dan HoweHawthorn
Clayton OliverMelbourne
Sam DurhamEssendon
Jake AartsRFC
Anthony ScottWestern Bulldogs
Karl WornerFreo
Garrett McDonoughEssendon
Jake SoligoAdelaide
Massimo D’ambrosioEssendon
Tylar YoungRichmond
I don't reckon guys who played a couple of games as u18s, such as Kirby, Oliver and Dunkley should be in the range list as someone like Young- very different situations.
I know he played for Coburg, but the great Jake King deserves a mention too as a reserves player who made the AFL.

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Kept getting knocked off puting one hand on the shoulder and spoiling with the other, lazy defending.

Truck need to re-educate him in how to defend.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He's a good size, but inexperienced and needs some work before we should be thinking about him in the AFL team. Truck will be a massive influence on him, but its far too early for him at this stage to be considered for a debut.

Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
We finished ninth :oops: o_O
So if we beat the VFL Premiers who went 17-1, finished 3 games clear, 167% percentage, won their finals by 47, 51 and Grand Final by 32, being the second team to beat them in 12 months, we're raging favourites for the VFL Flag? :unsure::cupgold

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Copped a couple of harsh decisions against him today for “interference” in the marking contest.
Those frees would never have been paid against a well known or experienced defender - but umpires have a tendency to penalise an unknown player and reward a name player.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Copped a couple of harsh decisions against him today for “interference” in the marking contest.
Those frees would never have been paid against a well known or experienced defender - but umpires have a tendency to penalise an unknown player and reward a name player.
Four umpires - gotta justify their pay.
The tiggy touchwood frees are gonna go thru the roof.
Thanks again Gil.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Played defence in a side that got pumped by 50 points against some very good and experienced oppo. He,ll be better for it.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think you guys are being extremely harsh on the bloke playing his 2nd game at this level against a team that had McDonald , Brown , Grundy & Gawn rotating in the foward line with the ball coming in quickly and the umpires not allowing defenders much tolerance

I seen young do some things today that shows promise and with more senior games only improving and becoming a good defender
maybe give the kid some time before potting him

Reactions: 7 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I think you guys are being extremely harsh on the bloke playing his 2nd game at this level against a team that had McDonald , Brown , Grundy & Gawn rotating in the foward line with the ball coming in quickly and the umpires not allowing defenders much tolerance

I seen young do some things today that shows promise and with more senior games only improving and becoming a good defender
maybe give the kid some time before potting him
I agree here, brown got some soft free's on Young today, he gives Dangerfield a run in the diving stakes.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I agree here, brown got some soft free's on Young today, he gives Dangerfield a run in the diving stakes.
I dont reckon there is a player in the league that has kicked more goals from free kicks than Ben Brown........................maybe Charlie Dixon, and Harry McKay is heading that way also.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Those frees were obvious and should have been paid.

When you put your left hand on the shoulder of your opponent to leverage your jump to spoil with your right hand it is a free.

When you get knocked off for it it is stupidity to keep doing it.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Those frees were obvious and should have been paid.

When you put your left hand on the shoulder of your opponent to leverage your jump to spoil with your right hand it is a free.

When you get knocked off for it it is stupidity to keep doing it.
If Riewoldt and Lynch got a free kick everytime someone did that to them they’d kick 10 each every game

Reactions: 1 users