Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I'm not sure if it's inherent within the 55 pages ................ but please give credit to Rowville Secondary (Sports Academy) for the skills development of this young man (thumbs up)

It's only been open 6-7 years but already it is (or becoming) a fountain of youth!

My daughter is there on a netball program and I am blown away how professional her tutelage is.....

Moreso - when I went to pick her up from school recently ..... it was so surreal to see 10% of kids catching the bus carrying a set of golf clubs!!!!

Historically parents want to send their kids to school to go to university or do a trade - BUT - if your kid has genuine ability you need to consider putting them through a school sports program!

Sonsie is a beneficiary (y)
Glad to hear about your daughter.
I went to Rowville SC before they started the sports academy. I think it was started in the year I left.
Pretty sure our Biggie also went to Rowville. And Jake Soligo, who has shown great signs for Adelaide. Connor MacDonald too until he was offered a private school scholarship.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Sonsie, taken by the Tigers with their third pick (No. 28) overall in last year’s AFL national draft, has been impressive throughout his six senior appearances.

He is averaging 17.7 disposals, 7.0 score involvements, 3.0 intercepts and 263.5 metres gained per game. Among AFL Rising Star prospects, he is ranked No. 1 for score involvements per game.

can anyone clarify, assuming he doesnt get dropped or injured, can the Sonz win the rising star award next year, when he will have played 10 games already?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone thinks he might be the unlucky player for Thursday’s final?

Yeah I do. Ross playing the Graham role. Dusty will come in and play a lot forward, pushing Bolton more into the midfield (which is key for us anyway, he is electric at the centre bounce which is very important at the Gabba), so I think Shai will move into the role Sonsie is playing and Dusty will play forward a lot.

I reckon the Sonz may be sub, but its certainly not due to his performances which have been excellent, but think he will be the unlucky one to drop out with Dusty coming back.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Quality kid. The lack of pre season showed in the end but gee wiz he looks to be a serious talent. Can see why there were huge wraps on him early days.

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Pick of the kids last night. Ran out of steam in the end, plus the hit from Robinson probably took a toll as well.