Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Stoked to get him, thought when he was overlooked at 17 he was gone. Stoked and excited to get him at 28.

Reactions: 14 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I still have no idea how he dropped to pick 28 - serious top end talent that has lacked consistency in a massively disrupted season. I'm absolutely stoked to get him.

Reactions: 8 users

Cotchin99

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
Was actually hoping we got him at 17 last night and was a bit annoyed when we didn’t take him. Thought he was 0 chance tonight. Stoked to get him. Looks a top 10 talent in this draft

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Looks great. Very skilled and knows where the goals are. Two questions:

1. Why did he drop to 28?
2. Is he more a mid or a forward?

Good selection though on face value.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Did you see Matt Clarke when interviewed on our draft haul. He obviously told the interviewee something off air and then she made him repeat it on air. She mentioned to Matt that Kingy said Gibcus was the steal of the top 10 last night and a top 5 pick, but you think you've picked a player later with even more talent, then Clarke went on to talk about Sonz looking pretty pleased with himself.
Does beg the question if you thought that gambling on him slipping through to our 3rd pick was pretty ballsy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Really like his highlights. So which is his preferred side? Maybe right leg with standard set shots but his left side snaps are fantastic...like some of our Tiger stars now. How did he slip to 28?

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Get him fit and healthy and pace him on the track, super excited about having the fonz!

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Did you see Matt Clarke when interviewed on our draft haul. He obviously told the interviewee something off air and then she made him repeat it on air. She mentioned to Matt that Kingy said Gibcus was the steal of the top 10 last night and a top 5 pick, but you think you've picked a player later with even more talent, then Clarke went on to talk about Sonz looking pretty pleased with himself.
Does beg the question if you thought that gambling on him slipping through to our 3rd pick was pretty ballsy.

If he was the steal of the draft at 28 then it means we could have just taken him with pick 17

Reactions: 4 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
If he was the steal of the draft at 28 then it means we could have just taken him with pick 17
Agree with the logic...but still reckon Sonsie will be seen as the steal of the draft - it was only June this year (just 5 months ago!) that he was rated top 3 by many...

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Thought it was Keyser Söze when I first looked

Reactions: 5 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
He has Michael Voss hips for sure. Get him fit could be the mid bull we need.