Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Stiil amazed we got Sonsie. I'd of been happy with Sonsie at 17 and Brown at 28 but Brown would not have lasted.

We absolutely somehow gamed the system last nite. I'm still baffled as to what the knock is on him to make him fall.

Genuine onballer, didn't mind King comparing him to Coniglio (pre -inujury) it's not a bad shout at all. That's the level.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
rewatched some of The Sonz reels.

He is a very good kick on both feet and he has real goal sense.

his 2nd goal for boxhill, he just gives the ball a little poke from outside 50 and it sails through high up.

a quick, clever mid with 2 legs and real goal sense.

what was everyone thinking before pick 28?

This is my Round 1 starter prediction.

Thinking the same. Round 1 debut. We throw new draftees in if they are ready. Certainly a really good small option. Smarts around Jack and Tom, and if he drops deep, both those guys will love this guy delivering the ball inside 50. I reckon he could have an errol gulden type start to a season.

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I'd of been happy with Sonsie at 17 and Brown at 28 but Brown would not have lasted.

This is a great call. Had Sonsie gone at 17 and Brown at 28 most would have been happy with that.

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This is a great call. Had Sonsie gone at 17 and Brown at 28 most would have been happy with that.
Also if we had picked Johnson at 17 there is no guarantee Sonsie would have got to 28 because who knows who Freo would have picked etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Also if we has picked Johnson at 17 there is no guarantee Sonsie would have got to 28 because who knows who Freo would have picked etc etc.
This is it ^^

Don't know why it played out as it did, but if we had've made any different selections, we probably wouldn't have gotten The Sonz!

the fonz followers GIF

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Also if we has picked Johnson at 17 there is no guarantee Sonsie would have got to 28 because who knows who Freo would have picked etc etc.
They most likely would have either traded that pick or selected goater imo
But again with Goater/Johnson off the board there would have been different players going to different clubs and Sonsie most likely taken

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Stiil amazed we got Sonsie. I'd of been happy with Sonsie at 17 and Brown at 28 but Brown would not have lasted.

We absolutely somehow gamed the system last nite. I'm still baffled as to what the knock is on him to make him fall.

Genuine onballer, didn't mind King comparing him to Coniglio (pre -inujury) it's not a bad shout at all. That's the level.
Our boy. So proud.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to the Sonz teaming up with Ralph Malph (Hugo)

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
No. I make him keep his ugly son Scrappy Doo McGrath in the gimp dungeon. I refuse to adopt him.
My poor Andre the Giant Jnr step son. He’s a gun. Hobbs allows him to be All Australian back flanker.

Our boy. So proud.
We willed this into existence. Interesting the Hawks questioned his character. They will regret passing.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
During two years of living in the world's most enduring lockdown in Victoria, an elite talent was inconsistent. Hopefully that becomes the start of a story where a star is born at club he supported and watched win premierships while he was in lockdown.

Great age to select a player who is a lifelong Tiger fan, too.

He saw Cotchin win a belated Brownlow when he was 9, and he's been watching us make finals consistently since he was 10.

Success is all he knows.

We willed this into existence. Interesting the Hawks questioned his character. They will regret passing.

At a glance, seems the Hawks chose the best character kids available in their pick range this year? Perhaps 'questioned his character' is just through the lens of finding future club leaders for a new coach?

Reactions: 1 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
During two years of living in the world's most enduring lockdown in Victoria, an elite talent was inconsistent. Hopefully that becomes the start of a story where a star is born at club he supported and watched win premierships while he was in lockdown.

Great age to select a player who is a lifelong Tiger fan, too.

He saw Cotchin win a belated Brownlow when he was 9, and he's been watching us make finals consistently since he was 10.

Success is all he knows.

At a glance, seems the Hawks chose the best character kids available in their pick range this year? Perhaps 'questioned his character' is just through the lens of finding future club leaders for a new coach?
Is there a bit of “Sam Mitchell drafting in his own image going on at Hawthorn?” I get the impression that Mitchell is going down the same path as Buckley, Brisbane Voss and Hird. It’s all about him.

one would also think that Tom Mitchell and JOM are not that impressed at the moment. First he tries to trade them, then he drafts their replacements at the first opportunity.

Reactions: 7 users