Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He's like a blander Zach Merrett.
Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

Ouch, thats a painful burn if you are Ward

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Ward vs Sonsie is going to be a great watch for the next 10 years.

Ward has an afl body, Sonsie doesnt, but seems way more creative and a more expansive player, with may more tricks

Pick 28 eh. lets hope he has his head screwed on right because he has a heap of ability

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
You’ve become very dour since returning from Scotland
:)) Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a beauty , I may even put the 40 on the back of my duffle coat , I probably should have said he may not be a Martin or Cotchin ( very few are) however he’s still going to be a rippper

Reactions: 5 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Finals tell you alot about a player, even young players, with his soft boot he could cause real damage in choas finals footy, lets hope he continues on his rise and has some great games to finish off 2022 as i along with all of us think he will be a ripper!

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
A pleasing thing this season has been getting games into Sonsie, Cumberland, Gibcus, Miller, Rioli Jr and Clarke while still being in a position to compete. This was a hallmark of our success in 2017 and 2019. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think in 2018 and 2021, we were too conservative at the selection table and it cost us. The bottom 6 players should always be under pressure to perform if you want to challenge, and we've had that this season.

Reactions: 5 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Needs a rest before finals. 1-2 weeks. All for continuity but the kid (most his age) would have played a handful of games when COVID kicked in.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
A pleasing thing this season has been getting games into Sonsie, Cumberland, Gibcus, Miller, Rioli Jr and Clarke while still being in a position to compete. This was a hallmark of our success in 2017 and 2019. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think in 2018 and 2021, we were too conservative at the selection table and it cost us. The bottom 6 players should always be under pressure to perform if you want to challenge, and we've had that this season.
I’m very excited with the transition from one era to another. Some very impressive prospects and if we can nail another draft and secure 1 or 2 established players, it should make for many more years of finals footy. Reckon they should start promoting memberships for next year now, a lot would sign up after yesterday’s Rioli/Lynch thrills

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Yep - totally agree with our youth - you can add Ross and Hugo as well and Dow also. You also have to pinch yourself that Bolton, Bakes, DRioli and Balta are still young also but their development has been accelerated through finals footy.

Needs a rest before finals. 1-2 weeks. All for continuity but the kid (most his age) would have played a handful of games when COVID kicked in.

Unfortunately the seniors would probably get a tougher match playing VFL than what they will get on Saturday night - he can rest the week after.

I would love Sonsie to get a finals match but I can’t see who else makes way if Dusty returns.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I would love Sonsie to get a finals match but I can’t see who else makes way if Dusty returns.
Maybe ShEdwards to sub.
Sonsie is playing the opposite role Dusty will- he isnt starting at many CBs, but then he playing as a mid- swapping with Bolton.
We will need to be careful we dont lose to much run when Dusty comes back.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Yep - totally agree with our youth - you can add Ross and Hugo as well and Dow also. You also have to pinch yourself that Bolton, Bakes, DRioli and Balta are still young also but their development has been accelerated through finals footy.

Forgot about Hugo, agree. Ross and Dow the jury is out, though Ross' more recent games were promising.

An other thing that will hold us in great stead is we picked up the likes of Bolton, Baker and Balta who are either A-grade or have the potential to get there while we were winning flags. That's where we are different from a club like Hawthorn. From 2012-15, they didn't find a player of Bolton's quality or Balta's in the draft. If you can do that (probably the hardest thing to do), you have a far greater chance at sustained success without having to bottom out. Hawthorn are bottoming out because they stopped drafting well for a long enough period of time, we have not done that.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Ward vs Sonsie is going to be a great watch for the next 10 years.

Ward has an afl body, Sonsie doesnt, but seems way more creative and a more expansive player, with may more tricks

Pick 28 eh. lets hope he has his head screwed on right because he has a heap of ability
They both ended up with almost the same stats however Sonsie's ball use and general footy smarts stood out as superior. Ward's played 13 games and Sonsie 5. Again their stats are very similar however Sonsie is better in areas like score involvements, inside 50's and goal assists.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
No one could ever accuse me of being one eyed but seem to be 3 outstanding candidates across the competition, for the rising star nom this week.

Morris Jr to pip Sonsie and Miller.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users