Well done far to good | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Well done far to good

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
So havent been here for a while.

You guys way way too good for my cats, congratulations.... though i thought the below was CLASS.

1) the RESPECT your team showed Gaz Jnr before ya did ya lap of honour was pure class and respect. Thanks

2) Dusty to say what he did about gaz jnr was also so good.

on a final note Dusty........................... DAYLIGHT , Danger.

Dusty just does it no aires or graces about the bloke.

Once again well done to the RFC

Reactions: 84 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

You guys way way too good for my cats, congratulations.... though i thought the below was CLASS.

1) the RESPECT your team showed Gaz Jnr before ya did ya lap of honour was pure class and respect. Thanks

Welcome back acatman You haven’t been on this forum for some time.

Great effort by your club.
Well run and I’m sure we will meet again next year in the finals ..or ....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Cheers Acatman.

Thanks for being so gracious whilst we're fist pumping like a frog in a sock.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Welcome back acatman You haven’t been on this forum for some time.

Great effort by your club.
Well run and I’m sure we will meet again next year.
Yeah i like it on here, as "mostly" the discussions are fair. Ohh we were "ok" not in the same solar system as the tiges though. Im not Scott fan though, too smart and arrogant by half. Ya lost Vlossy ( rate the bloke) yet didnt cause a blip on yer team. Not sure bout the cats from here on in. Alot of old blokes now.

Reactions: 3 users

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Cheers Acatman.

Thanks for being so gracious whilst we're fist pumping like a frog in a sock.
Yup i understand General. I am still in awe of Dusty, unspoken heroes make it even sweeter. Look Danger is a good player no doubt, but gee i can see how oppo supporters dont like the man.

Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yup i understand General. I am still in awe of Dusty, unspoken heroes make it even sweeter. Look Danger is a good player no doubt, but gee i can see how oppo supporters dont like the man.
It's funny, take Dangerfield and Scott out of Geelong and I'd probably like the club again. I loved them in the days of Chappy, Bartel, Ling etc. I still wish we'd been able to pinch Chappy instead of Essendon.
These two just don't endear themselves very naturally, although I'll admit Scott was restrained in his presser.

Reactions: 7 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Restrained - have to say it was one of the more gracious and generous acknowledgements that we were to good.

Nonetheless, still don't like the guy.

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

Classy post. To be fair there can't be many people who love footy who would not to show the respect for Gaz he deserves for all he has put into the game in an outstanding career

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Well said mate

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Im sorry you picked the wrong Feline to support

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong put up a bloody good fight because they are a bloody good team.

They showed you can get on top of our team, but just how hard it is to sustain that for 4 quarters.

If we didn't go up a gear we would have lost.

The challengers will keep coming and eventually we will fall, but we're going to enjoy the good times while they last.

Scott may be changing a little, as long as he changes without trying to copy he might get them to the top, Geelong have been very close for a long time.

Well done on making the Grand Final, in fact, well done on all the teams who made the Preliminary Finals, as Dimma said after 2018 it is bloody hard to get to the second last week.

DS

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
It's funny, take Dangerfield and Scott out of Geelong and I'd probably like the club again. I loved them in the days of Chappy, Bartel, Ling etc. I still wish we'd been able to pinch Chappy instead of Essendon.
These two just don't endear themselves very naturally, although I'll admit Scott was restrained in his presser.

Yep, I loved the Geelong team of their era. Bartel, Chapman, Scarlett, Ling, Stevie J, Ablett, Kelly all champions, and so great to watch. Geelong also played brilliant football through that period, attacking and instinctive.

Certainly involving a Scott brother brought them down a few pegs on the not-wankers leaderboard. Then Dangerfield dropped them right off.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Also, I rate Geelong's era higher than either Hawthorn of Brisbane's.

Just missed making it 4 out of 5 in 2008.

Reactions: 1 user

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
My take on Geelong, who a lot of my mates support....one who has since ended our friendship as 25 years of his slagging came home to roost for him and he dropped the bottom lip is.....dislike the arrogance of Scott and puffed out chest and strutting of Dangerfield. No fan of Hawkins either, the cheap shots and sniping he uses dont endear him to me. Selwood seems like a likeable bloke, speaks well, respectful, but I hate his onfield demeanor, the raised arm so the tackle slides to the head frees, the pleading to the umpire, etc etc. And Miers.....think it's the hair......

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
been calling it for the past 3 years (surprised I was so worried going into the GF) - their main issue is their lack of leg speed around the field.

if they want to worry us in the next few years they should recruit leg speed.

if they want to get knocked out in a final again they should recruit Shaun Higgins and Jeremy Cameron.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
been calling it for the past 3 years (surprised I was so worried going into the GF) - their main issue is their lack of leg speed around the field.

if they want to worry us in the next few years they should recruit leg speed.

if they want to get knocked out in a final again they should recruit Shaun Higgins and Jeremy Cameron.
The hilarious thing about Geelong's lack of leg speed is that Jordan Clark who looked like a gun in his first year but hasn't been getting a game won the Grand Final sprint, I would take him but being a WA boy might request to go back to WA

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Nice work Catman.

Id like to be able to say I think you'll be back next year,

but Id be lying through my teeth.

Gaz was one of the greats, unequivocally.

due to geography, I saw him at his best in red and yellow.

I went to a game just to watch him one slow Sunday,

and I watched him shake 3 tags simultaneously.

I had never seen anything like it, and I doubt I ever will

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
No real issues with the Cats, they have earned my respect through decades of floggings and I'm nervous every time we play them, in the same way the experienced Carlton teams of the late 70's/early 80's. made me nervous. We were never close enough to Hawthorn during their reigns to get nervous.