Well done Plod | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Well done Plod

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dunne would make Astbury look like Michael Mitchell.
Our backline with Mount Landy and Dunne would struggle to beat a tortoise in a race.
Strachan wasn't that fast either.

Big reason we struggled in 82 against the Blues was that they were quicker than the Tigers.

Martello, Strachan and Dunne in the back 6 on GF day.

Losing Tempany with a busted arm and Pirrie before the GF hurt the Tigers down back.

Then we brought in Sartori as another tall to replace Malthouse who was out with his shoulder............. instead of a runner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Eddie Bax

Tiger Cub
Aug 31, 2014
Nashville, TN
My old man is a copper, went through the academy in the 80s when Dunne was a trainer there.

As he tells it, he was in the fittest shape of his life but he was worried about passing the fitness test, because you had to be able to touch your toes - he had gone into the academy older than most did at the time and had big/tight hamstrings from years of footy.

So he's stretching and straining in vain, trying to touch his toes, no success. Next thing, he looks up, and here's Emmett Dunne.

"Do you play footy, son?"

"Yep."

"OK, you pass. Next!"

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users