We're Back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We're Back

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
My goal has gone from Top 4 pre injuries to Top 8 post injuries to Top 4 again after the bye. If we squeak into the top 4 that will mean we are the form team at the pointy end. That gives us a shot. Getting the veterans back has been, and will continue to be ,critical, however just as important has been the strategy of surrounding those vets with the young indigenous kids - as they add a level of class and x-factor that we otherwise don't have in our blue collar team.

I just read your Tag Line as Richo yelling it out on the telecast ha ha ha

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Yes maybe we can count any win as a good win with the missing personnel but the fact is we have beaten no-one of note with the exception of Port away which you could call brave but lucky:

Wins:

Carlton
Port
Sydney
Melbourne
Freo
Hawthorn
Essendon
St Kilda
Gold Coast

Soundly beaten by:

Collingwood
GWS
Bulldogs
North
Geelong
Adelaide

LET THE GAMES BEGIN:

GWS
Port

Collingwood
West Coast
Brisbane

Only certainties are Carlton and Melbourne
Its going to be quite a ride. We are built for winter, momentum and confidence will play a big role.

I visited bigfooty and most supporters seem to be writing off their games against us, even eagles supporters. We still have an intimidation factor (how times have changed).

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Yep we might not have beaten anyone of real quality just yet, but there is not one other team in the league that would’ve won the amount of games we have with the equivalent injuries that we have sustained.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Yes maybe we can count any win as a good win with the missing personnel but the fact is we have beaten no-one of note with the exception of Port away which you could call brave but lucky:

Wins:

Carlton
Port
Sydney
Melbourne
Freo
Hawthorn
Essendon
St Kilda
Gold Coast

Soundly beaten by:

Collingwood
GWS
Bulldogs
North
Geelong
Adelaide

LET THE GAMES BEGIN:

GWS
Port

Collingwood
West Coast
Brisbane

Freo at the time was very meritorious. No Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance. They were 5th, we were 9th.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Its going to be quite a ride. We are built for winter, momentum and confidence will play a big role.

I visited bigfooty and most supporters seem to be writing off their games against us, even eagles supporters. We still have an intimidation factor (how times have changed).

I've noticed that too TF17.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
OK, a reminder for everyone.

In R16 2017, we got done by 67 points against the Aints at the Dump and moved to 9-6.

From there, we won 6 of the last 7, finished 3rd and won our way to a flag.

In R16 2019, we are 9-6 again and have the next 7 at the G.............can history repeat? Just like the fans older than me mention 1969?

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I think a lot depends on whether we get a good run with injuries from this point going forward ,

More rotten luck and we can probably forget it ,

a good run from here and anything is possible

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The plan was always to peak in September, not April, but the injuries will have given that a bit of a scare early on. But make no mistake we've been preparing all along so that "our best football is in front of us".

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Weird season so far. Teams that have been dominating are suddenly struggling and losing games. Teams that were *smile* enough to swap coaches mid season are suddenly winning games or very competitive.
We've had a horror first half of the season with injuries to premium players and remained fairly honest and competitive.
A kiss on the arse from the injury gods and the chance to get some key players back in form means we'll be as competitive as anyone when finals roll around.

Pure bonus will be the games we've gotten into our next generation youngsters this year, Snipper, Lloydy, Concareter n Jar Head all being released last year has provided the perfect opening for fresh players to leap into the injury holes and stake their claims.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008

Wins:

Carlton
Port
Sydney
Melbourne
Freo
Hawthorn
Essendon
St Kilda
Gold Coast

Soundly beaten by:

Collingwood
GWS
Bulldogs
North
Geelong
Adelaide

LET THE GAMES BEGIN:

GWS
Port

Collingwood
West Coast
Brisbane

You take what you can get when the chips are down.
Make no mistake we have launched the assault.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Much like the 2017 MCG game against GWS, next week will tell us where we stand.

GWS is mixing their form, but their best is formidable. They beat us narrowly but convincingly last year when we were near our best.

A loss next week would be a significant setback. It's a must-win, our most important game so far.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
No doubt hope w3 can get top 4, however I think this year it could be won from 8th , who knows how September opens up, win this week is just the first box that needs ticking. Hopefully the TIger faithful can be out on force

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
No doubt hope w3 can get top 4, however I think this year it could be won from 8th , who knows how September opens up, win this week is just the first box that needs ticking. Hopefully the TIger faithful can be out on force

whether we finish 4th, 6th or 8th, there is one thing we need to avoid if we are gonna makes any inroads in september... avoid an elimination final away to the eagles. I'll be happy to take on the Giants or the Lions away, but not the eagles. much like 2017 when we avoided the crows.