What are the choices???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are the choices????

C

CrouchinTiger

Just wondering if anyone knows the full list of players that are in the draft to be picked.....?? :)

A

admin

Hi and glad you're back ;D
I've been hunting around for an updated list of the players in the draft and couldn't find one.
I hope someone can, I want to know our options.
Go Tiges.

CrouchinTiger

"May the Funk be with you" George Clinton
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Thanks Rosy ;)

I would like to know as well.

Other than the possibilty of Bolton I want to see who else the RFC may be lining up to grab.

Out of curiosity is do you know if Winston Abraham is one the list and if so is he past it or do you reckon he's got enough petrol in the tank for another crack.

A

admin

Well I wouldn't do it for just anyone CT, but for you I've gone straight to the top, ha.
I asked my Roo supporting son about Winnie, and he told me he hasn't played for 2 years cos of a knee injury that won't come good.
Too risky imo, and we have a few like him. Pass. ;D

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
Slim Picking draft List 2002. (Not a complete list)

Its pretty pathetic really.

Unlisted players training with AFL clubs 5:39:44 PM Thu 5 December, 2002

Adelaide: Adam Fisher (North Ballarat Rebels), James McEntee (North Adelaide), Tim Nicholas (Norwood), Aiden Parker (Subiaco), Joel Patful (Norwood), Jason Porplyzia (West Adelaide), Hayden Skipworth (Woodville-West Torrens), Adrian Wilson (Central District)

Brisbane Lions: Stirling Collier (Morningside), Chris Lambert (Northern Eagles), Joel MacDonald (Mt Gravatt), Anthony McKee (Southport), Shaun Mugavin (South Warrnambool), Matthew Pardew (Morningside), Daniel Pratt (Kangaroos), Ben Sargood (Northern Eagles), Paul Shelton (Morningside), John Taberitt (Western Magpies), Kevin Tandogac (Southport), Daniel Webster (Northern Eagles), Luke Weller (Brisbane Lions)

Carlton: Jordan Barham (Port Adelaide), Adam Butler (Carlton VFL), Stephen Dinnell (Eastern Ranges), Aaron Edwards (Dandenong Stingrays), Jarrod Fearon-Brown (Eastern Ranges), Andrew R.Hill (Collingwood), Mark McKenzie (Port Adelaide), Kris Miller (East Fremantle), Sean O’Keeffe (Carlton), Jayce Richardson (Glenelg), Luke Saunders (Gisborne), Michael Stinear (Dandenong Stingrays)

Collingwood: Jeremy Clayton (North Ballarat), Luke Mullins (Murray Bushrangers), Jamie Vlatko (Glenelg)

Essendon: Kade Carey (Essendon VFL), Steven Daniher (Oakleigh Chargers), Travis Jorgensen (Calder Cannons), Toby McGrath (Essendon VFL), Pat Steinfort (Coburg), Peter Summers (Oakleigh Chargers)

Fremantle: Ben Colreavy (Claremont), Steven Dodd (East Fremantle), Daniel Gilmore (South Fremantle), Jaymie Graham (South Fremantle), Michael Johnson (Perth), Judd Lalich (East Perth), Ricky Mott (Sydney), Steven Moylan (East Perth)

Geelong: Mathew Bolton (Geelong Falcons), Jake Carmody (Geelong Falcons), Adam Chatfield (Geelong), Daniel Jordan (St Bernards), Matt Jovanovic (Geelong VFL), Nick Maxwell (North Ballarat), Brent Moloney (Geelong Falcons), James Podsiadly (Collingwood), Simon Potter (Geelong Falcons), Luke Powell (Geelong VFL), Josh Rudd (Geelong Falcons), Chris Sanders (Geelong Falcons), Andrew Shipp (Fremantle), Ryan Webster (East Perth), Luke Whatman (NSW/ACT Rams)

Hawthorn: George Davies (Sturt), Michael Firrito (Box Hill Hawks), Tim Hazell (Hawthorn), Clinton Alleway (Box Hill Hawks), Michael Osborne (Hawthorn), Brad Sewell (North Ballarat Rebels)

Kangaroos: David Gillespie (Murray Kangaroos), Jonathon McCormick (Murray Kangaroos), Joel Sofi (Murray Kangaroos), Kade Stevens (Murray Kangaroos), Rod Tregenza (Kangaroos)

Melbourne: Chris Blumfield (Wesley College), Jason Bristow (Sandringham Dragons), Ryan Brown (Dandenong Stingrays), Dale Carson (Western Jets), Michael Clark (Melbourne), Brad Flower (Sandringham), Michael Handby (Adelaide), Kelvin Moore (Yarra Valley), Tom Lyons (Geelong Falcons), Anthony Marguccio (Oakleigh Chargers), Guy Rigoni (Melbourne), Tim Ryan (Gippsland Power), Nicholas Serafini (Northern Knights), Leigh Treeby (Eastern Ranges)

Port Adelaide: –

Richmond: Mark Ainley (Sandringham), Corey Brown (Murray Bushrangers), Mark Fitzgerald (Bendigo Pioneers), Josh Gibson (Oakleigh Chargers), Ryan Griggs (Northern Knights), Scott Homewood (Richmond), Zane Leonard (Dandenong Stingrays), Lucas McGhie (Western Jets), Brad Miller (Richmond), Adam Pickering (Carlton), Matthew Shir (Adelaide), Dean Talbot (Coburg), Rod Woodford (Bendigo Pioneers)

St Kilda: Matthew Ball (Hawthorn), Stephen Powell (Melbourne)

Sydney: Paul Bevan (NSW/ACT Rams), Craig Bolton (Brisbane Lions), Jackson Bolton (Geelong Falcons), Bryce Campbell (NSW/ACT Rams), Ryan Crawford (Calder Cannons), Luke Crouch (Norwood), Peter Dugmore (NSW/ACT Rams), Heath James (Sydney), James Meiklejohn (NSW/ACT Rams), Declan O’Mahoney (Dublin, Ireland), Walter Yangomina (Papua New Guinea)

West Coast: Frank Agostino (East Perth), Zac Beeck (West Coast), Chad Jones (Claremont), Brent Lecras (West Perth), Tom Matson (Claremont), Mark Nocoski (Subiaco), Jeff Smith (East Perth)

Western Bulldogs: James Murphy (North Brunswick)

I think we should draft Bolton if he doesn't put a price on his head

If he does, take Shir

Both of these would be options in the backline

Not in the midfield.

I would rather see a Rodan, Zantuck or Hart get a real taste next year.

(No need to nurse those guys through - they will just turn out getting too comfortable in the reserves - Ween them of the breast as soon as possible)

Or save the cash and buy a better recruitment manager!

A

admin

I don't know a real lot about Brad Miller. Has anyone else seen enough of him to comment on?
Will we take Lucas McGie as a rookie, seeing he was once tipped to join us under the father/son rule?
Would Simon Hart be training with us if we were interested in drafting him?
I don't know anything about Matther Shir, what kind of player is he?
Too many questions, ha?

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Many of the players training with the tigers are 18 year olds that didnt get picked up in the draft and a couple look like being talls: Mc Ghie 191cm, Woodford 191cm and Fitzgerald 189 cm. Remember these guys are only 18 so its not unlikely they might add 1 or 2 cm's over the next year or so.

My plan would be take these guys as rookies, take Talbot as an immediate injection of cheap height and save some cash.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I think you may have a point PMac.

Talbot looks like a smokey. And he has a bit of mongrel in him which the Tigers during the course of the past couple of years have sorely been lacking.

Bolton will depend on the price he puts on his head.

Yesterday I thought Shir was "Shir bet" but now I am not so "Shir" because he qualifies as a rookie.

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Of course if we do pick up Talbot it gives us someone to play on Wilson from the eagles.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Many of the players training with the tigers are 18 year olds that didnt get picked up in the draft and a couple look like being talls: Mc Ghie 191cm, Woodford 191cm and Fitzgerald 189 cm. Remember these guys are only 18 so its not unlikely they might add 1 or 2 cm's over the next year or so.

My plan would be take these guys as rookies, take Talbot as an immediate injection of cheap height and save some cash.

If the tiges go that way tomorrow I'll be happy. We definitely need another tall defender for next year especially if dutchy won't be playing until rounds 4 or 5.