What are you looking forward to from the Tiges in 2023? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to from the Tiges in 2023?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
HNY all.

With the new year just around the corner, what are some things you're looking forward to from all things Tiges in 2023?

Me?

I'll start it off with hopeful natural improvement from Sonsie after a full presason. Looks the most likely of the kids who could make a big move next season.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm looking forward to a much stronger midfield that doesn't rely on Dion Prestia so much. The addition of Taranto and Hopper as well as hopefully a fit and firing Dusty is huge because it will relieve the pressure on the backline we had in 2022 but also provide so much more opportunity for a really dangerous forward line
Apart from that it is the young players who excite me. Gibcus, Moju, Cumberland, Sonsie as well potentially one or two of Clarke, Banks and Brown emerging.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Seeing if players like Miller, Ralphsmith, Ross, Rioli Jnr, Clarke, Cumberland can pressure some of the older guys and take some games off them.
If there's a lot of pressure for spots in the 22, I see a good season for us.
Honourable mention: Seeing our GWS Tigers integrate into the team.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Winning the close ones, and the improvement in the midfield should go a long way to doing that.

Reactions: 5 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
1) Continued and rapid improvement of Maurice Jnr, Sonsie and Balta to the point other teams have to develop plans to stop them being influential
2) We become a team that dominates clearances and first possession
3) Continue to be the highest scoring team, and hopefully by some margin
4) Play scintillating, high-speed footy
5) One or two of the untried juniors make a big impact.
6) Top four finish and another flag to put the Brisbane/Hawthorn/Geelong dynasty discussion to bed.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
IMO if that happens we will go very close to winning the flag

If you look at the stats in 2022 whenever that happened we dominated games and when we struggled it was because we were smashed around stoppages. If we dominate clearances and first possession I am not sure there is another team who can match us, it was our glaringly obvious 2022 weakness. So many other issues (like a leaky backline at times) were just a symptom of that.

Reactions: 5 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
1) Continued and rapid improvement of Maurice Jnr, Sonsie and Balta to the point other teams have to develop plans to stop them being influential
3) Continue to be the highest scoring team, and hopefully by some margin
4) Play scintillating, high-speed footy
5) One or two of the untried juniors make a big impact.
6) Top four finish and another flag to put the Brisbane/Hawthorn/Geelong dynasty discussion to bed.
Don’t think Nankervis / Miller will set up to dominate. Physically I don’t think they can TBH

We will set up to put some work into oppo clearance at a bare minimum. Break even so we can send the +1 down back is the plan.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Some really outstanding form from all players but with players like Broad, Graham, McIntosh and Soldo, doing especially well.
Hopefully each also seeing brighter long term futures elsewhere, with the prospect of 1 maybe 2 first round picks coming back.
And another flag.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Another one of ours entering the 300 club. Trent Cotchin will be the 6th ever Richmond player to do it, and the 3rd of the triple Premiership players joining Jack and Shedda.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just Flag number 4. :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Riewoldt and possibly Cotch, Grimes and Tarrant go out in style.

Hopper and Taranto start at the RFC with ultimate success,

Tommy Lynch for the Coleman.

Shai Goal and mark of the Year.

A Happy and Healthy Dustin with Flag #4, Brownlow number 2, and Normie number 4 for our great number 4 to become the Goat of all Goats.

4 x Premiership Players - JR8, Cotchin, Grimes, Nankervis, Prestia, Rioli, Vlastuin, Broad, Martin.

3 x Premiership Players - Pickett,, Shai, Grover, Lynchy, Baker, Short, and possibly Graham.

2x Premiership Players - Balta, possibly Soldo.

1x Premiership Players - Taranto, Hopper, Tarrant, Moju, Cumberland, and possibly Rossy/or Gibcus or Miller or the Sonz.

Not asking for much really.

Oh and no injuries, and a VFL flag as well ...................................... just take every title on offer.

Then to top it off when we are being despised more than ever we pinch a Marquee key forward in Free Agency to really boil everyones pisss!!

DELICIOUS,

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Looking forward to a strong midfield again which was a glaring weakness last season. The smart recruitment should do that and then we will be contenders again

Reactions: 4 users