What are you looking forward to from the Tiges in 2023? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to from the Tiges in 2023?

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The passing of the baton to the next generation.
Sonsie as mentioned. Moz, Cumberland, Gibcus etc.
We are primed.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Happy New Year! Looking forward for the hunger to win returning to the group, watching games with intensity up and feeling we got it.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This year I want to see the next core of our Premiership years step up and start to take over.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
This year I want to see the next core of our Premiership years step up and start to take over.
Can you clarify, by next core do you mean the core of our 2023 premiership, or our 2024 premiership team?

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Happy New Year! Looking forward for the hunger to win returning to the group, watching games with intensity up and feeling we got it.
Great post.

Also I will add that I hope the same happens with our support at the games. We have been off the last year or so. With poor crowds.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Balta becomes an A grader.
Ross a regular.
Dow shows something.
Miller continues to improve.

Prestia gets a full year.

Samson gets some games.
Ralphsmith, Cumberland and Mansell take further steps.
The kids of the last 2 drafts show rapid improvement.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im looking forward to Dusty crowd surfing the entire length of Swan St and back again and back again, with the trombone going non-stop

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Our 'next level' players will be vital to allow our champs to be nursed through til September. 2023 will be our peak for quite a few years. It’s our best shot. Just hope the injury gods are on our side. Nearly half of the team have peaked some years ago.
Jack Cotch Nank Dion Dusty Grimesy Broady and Taz. All will have big roles.
But I reckon get on us early for the big odds.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Great post.

Also I will add that I hope the same happens with our support at the games. We have been off the last year or so. With poor crowds.
Somewhat sated after the gluttony of 3 flags in four years n then the team being a tad average the last couple of years. Couple of hearty belches n some proper gut rumbling farts is pretty much all we have to show for the last couple of seasons. Hopefully we've cleared some space n got the appetite back for some second breakfasts n old fashioned pig out starting from this year.

Still two flags short of our last proper era of dominance n I'm still waiting for us to finish off properly before I'm ready to fall off the perch.

Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Yep. 5 in 13 years with extremely tough opposition is still our greatest era. This era also provided the massive supporter base boost for this generation.